It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to create only one .jazzignore file for one project?

Jirong Hu (1.5k9295258) | asked Sep 07 '11, 4:52 p.m.
Hi

The problem is we generate many files (text file, java files, etc) during the build and we want to version control some of them.

e.g. in this webclient folder (webclient is the root of a component), we want to ignore everything under webclient\build and webclient\WebContent, and the following files and extra:

webclientcomponents\Evidence\Evidence_resolveCreate.uim
webclientcomponents\Evidence\Evidence_resolveHistoryRecord.uim
webclientcomponents\Evidence\Evidence_resolveObject.uim
webclientcomponents\Evidence\Evidence_resolveObjectIssues.uim

1. for webclient\build and webclient\WebContent, they created a .jazzignore file under the root of webclient. This is ok and this is the only file I want to have.

2. But for these .uim files, it created another .jazzignore file under webclientcomponents\Evidence. I don't want this. I want this be added into the one in 1. Can this be done?

http://i56.tinypic.com/2v952lc.png

2 answers

permanent link
Kristina Florea (3323) | answered Sep 20 '11, 7:58 a.m.
Hi

The problem is we generate many files (text file, java files, etc) during the build and we want to version control some of them.

e.g. in this webclient folder (webclient is the root of a component), we want to ignore everything under webclient\build and webclient\WebContent, and the following files and extra:

1. for webclient\build and webclient\WebContent, they created a .jazzignore file under the root of webclient. This is ok and this is the only file I want to have.

2. But for these .uim files, it created another .jazzignore file under webclientcomponents\Evidence. I don't want this. I want this be added into the one in 1. Can this be done?

http://i56.tinypic.com/2v952lc.png

permanent link
Kristina Florea (3323) | answered Sep 20 '11, 8:35 a.m.
Hi,

I am facing the same issue - I want to have one jazzignore file and be able to ignore certain folders structures - i.e. \lib\data\doc

If I use global or recursive, the folder will be ignored - the problem is that I don't know where and if the same folder name will be used in the structure again.

Is there a way to ignore certain folders - defined by their "path"?

Thank you.

Hi

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.