It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Synchronize Attributes in RTC 3.0

Alwin Brands (3547) | asked Sep 06 '11, 8:57 a.m.
Where is the Synchronize Attributes feature gone to in RTC 3.0? I cant find it in the help, nor via the way you would do this in RTC 2.0. :(

Accepted answer

permanent link
Jared Russell (1.3k12019) | answered Sep 06 '11, 11:48 a.m.
This has to be done through the eclipse client:
- Run a query for the work item(s) you want to synchronize
- In the results view, right-click on the icon in the far left column and select synchronise attributes

Where is the Synchronize Attributes feature gone to in RTC 3.0? I cant find it in the help, nor via the way you would do this in RTC 2.0. :(
Alwin Brands selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Prasad Mandre commented Feb 11 '13, 7:50 a.m.

Is it possible to do this using RTC Web Client? I dont have Eclipse client.

RTC 3.0.1.1

Scott Rich commented Feb 22 '13, 3:38 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

It's not yet possible, but this is high on the list of gaps we'd like to fill in the Web UI.  You can track this plan item for progress: [CCM] Fill functional gaps in the work item web UI (239766) 

Ralph Schoon commented Feb 22 '13, 5:03 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Since the UI restricts query results to 1000 items, unless you change the query result size limit, I would suggest to use automation like described here: http://rsjazz.wordpress.com/2012/11/19/using-an-expression-to-synchronize-attributes-for-work-items-of-a-specific-type/

One other answer

permanent link
Alwin Brands (3547) | answered Sep 06 '11, 3:56 p.m.
Thanks. Its there.
Sneaky though. If you do not click explicitly on this column or clicked on another field, this option is NOT in the right click mouse menu.

This has to be done through the eclipse client:
- Run a query for the work item(s) you want to synchronize
- In the results view, right-click on the icon in the far left column and select synchronise attributes

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.