It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Error during Install Phase of Installation Manager 1.4.3

Marie Robinson (1) | asked Sep 02 '11, 5:41 p.m.
This is the error I received when installing Installation Manager 1.4.3.
Error during "install" phase:
Failed to create executable extension com.ibm.cic.agent.internal.adapters.nativeAdapter.win32.WinPlatformOperationsProvider: org.eclipse.core.runtime.CoreException: Plug-in "com.ibm.cic.agent.core.nativeInstallAdapter.win32" was unable to instantiate class "com.ibm.cic.agent.internal.adapters.nativeAdapter.win32.WinPlatformOperationsProvider".

What do I need to do to correct this error?

3 answers

permanent link
Sergio Deras (14613) | answered Sep 19 '11, 1:45 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
This is the error I received when installing Installation Manager 1.4.3.
Error during "install" phase:
Failed to create executable extension com.ibm.cic.agent.internal.adapters.nativeAdapter.win32.WinPlatformOperationsProvider: org.eclipse.core.runtime.CoreException: Plug-in "com.ibm.cic.agent.core.nativeInstallAdapter.win32" was unable to instantiate class "com.ibm.cic.agent.internal.adapters.nativeAdapter.win32.WinPlatformOperationsProvider".

What do I need to do to correct this error?

Hello:

I have not been able to reproduce this problem, but we have one ticket reporting the issue. May you try to install a second time to see if you can reproduce the problem please?
The workaround is to use Installation Manager directly to install the product, I can provide you with the URL, so what is the version of the Client that you are trying to install?

For the record:
What are the platform and OS of your machine?

More info at 177412: https://jazz.net/jazz/resource/itemName/com.ibm.team.workitem.WorkItem/177412

permanent link
Sergio Deras (14613) | answered Sep 23 '11, 2:07 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
We have discovered that the problem comes from the use of long length paths in Windows, please move your installation files (web install or local repository) to a path in Windows with less characters. Something like "C:\tmp" has worked for me to avoid the problems.

This post https://jazz.net/forums/viewtopic.php?p=65362#65362 shows the same problem.

permanent link
Calvin Powers (6) | answered Apr 27 '12, 1:44 p.m.
Hi,

I am getting the same error message. I am trying to install Rational License Key Server 8.1.1 which is starting its install by trying to install Installation Manager 1.3.3.

I got the same error message as above and was hopeful that moving my install file folder to the top of the drive (I'm on windows) would help. But I'm still getting the same message.

I dug into the license key server install directories and found the directory with installation manager. I copied it to the top level directory of the drive. Renamed the directory to c:\t and tried again. No luck.

Any other advice? Are there any registry entries etc that might be laying around form past installs that are causing trouble?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.