It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

What does "add new features to project areas" do?

Case Taintor (1462116) | asked Aug 30 '11, 10:09 a.m.
We just upgraded to 3.0.1 from 2.0.0.2 iFix4, and I noticed that when I right-click on the repository connection, I have a menu item to "add new features to project areas". When I click that, only 1 of our project areas shows up in the list (we have 5). What would happen if I hit update?

I'm mainly asking because the 1 project area that shows up also has issues where we can't use the web client to view plans. (We're talking to support about why that is so.)

One answer

permanent link
Qiong Feng Huang (76911610) | answered Sep 03 '11, 9:47 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
This is not new for 3.0.1.
There is an extension point: com.ibm.team.process.service.projectAreaUpdater. Using this extension point, you can contributes a class that updates a project area created with the given template ID.

You see the 1 project in the project area update dialog, this is because this project area was created by the template which has the corresponding updater defined in the extensions in some plugin.xml. If you choose to update this project, the updater class will update this project.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.