It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

attach IBM Lotus symphony file in RRC artifact

Sue Huang (3121) | asked Aug 26 '11, 11:53 a.m.
Is it possible that we can attach IBM Lotus symphony file or any type of file into the artifact? We can do it with RTC. If RRC can do it, can you let me know how to do that?

Thanks.

6 answers

permanent link
Sue Huang (3121) | answered Aug 26 '11, 12:24 p.m.
Is it possible that we can attach IBM Lotus symphony file or any type of file into the artifact? We can do it with RTC. If RRC can do it, can you let me know how to do that?

Thanks.

Sorry, forgot to mention, I am using 3.0.1 version

permanent link
Daniel Moul (4.9k1318) | answered Aug 26 '11, 2:03 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
You can upload any kind of file to RRC in binary format, including Lotus Symphony files. The uploaded artifact can have attributes, it can be linked to other artifacts using pre-defined or customer link types, it can be included in RRC collections, and it can participate in review and approval work flows.

In addition you can import text files in OpenDocument Text (ODT) format (or MS Word or RTF formats). The text will be converted to native RRC rich text; then you can edit it and display it natively in your browser using the the RRC web UI.

Also Using Symphony spreadsheets you can create a comma-separated file (CSV) and upload requirements and their attributes into a RRC repository.

permanent link
Sue Huang (3121) | answered Aug 30 '11, 10:55 a.m.
You can upload any kind of file to RRC in binary format, including Lotus Symphony files. The uploaded artifact can have attributes, it can be linked to other artifacts using pre-defined or customer link types, it can be included in RRC collections, and it can participate in review and approval work flows.

In addition you can import text files in OpenDocument Text (ODT) format (or MS Word or RTF formats). The text will be converted to native RRC rich text; then you can edit it and display it natively in your browser using the the RRC web UI.

Also Using Symphony spreadsheets you can create a comma-separated file (CSV) and upload requirements and their attributes into a RRC repository.

Daniel, thanks for your response. I have tried the uploading function, it worked!

I have another question related to "upload/import" function. We can create links from an artifact or from content within the artifact to another artifact or to a URL. Can we do "upload/import" within the artifact instead of creating another artifact which has the uploading document or file?

Thanks.

permanent link
Daniel Moul (4.9k1318) | answered Aug 30 '11, 10:57 a.m.
Sorry I don't quite understand your question. Could you ask it again in different words?

permanent link
Sue Huang (3121) | answered Aug 30 '11, 11:56 a.m.
Sorry I don't quite understand your question. Could you ask it again in different words?

When I click "Edit" to edit a rich-text artifact, I can just click the "Create link icon" in the tool bar (or there are some other ways to do), then I can link to another artifact or any URL.

But if I need to upload a file to associate with my previously created artifact, I need to use "upload or import" function to create another artifact, then use "collection" or "link" function to link these 2 artifact together. I am still new to this RRC, there may be different way to accomplish the "upload/associate" for more than one artifact.

So my question is that is there any way I can "upload" a file without creating another artifact, similar to as "link" function? or I have to have separate artifacts to do that.

Thanks.

permanent link
Daniel Moul (4.9k1318) | answered Aug 30 '11, 12:03 p.m.
To add links you can edit an artifact, but you don't have to do it that way.

From the View All Artifacts page (the project page), you can click on the pencil to the left of an artifact and select "Add a link to the artifact" from the context menu.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.