It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

BIRT: joining Timesheet Time Code with Work Items

Piotr Aniola (3.7k11738) | asked Aug 25 '11, 7:09 a.m.
Hello all,

We are trying to create a BIRT report to display the time tracking
information of specific work items. We therefore want to join the
entries from the "Timesheet Time Code" table in the LIVE DATA SNAPSHOT
view with the work item information in the work item table.

Unfortunatly the work item forign ids in the "Timesheet Time Code"
table are not the same format as the ones in the work item table.

Is there any way to join the two tables? Does js scripting need to be involved?

Any help will be deeply appreciated.

18 answers

permanent link
James Moody (3.3k24) | answered Sep 02 '11, 9:36 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hello all,

Can you provide more information on exactly which tables you are using, and which columns you are looking at for ids? The work item table exposes both the id (e.g. "1") and the itemid (a UUID), so I was expecting that the timesheet table would use one of those.

Thanks,

james
RTC Reports Team Lead

permanent link
Alexander Schinko (35511812) | answered Sep 06 '11, 6:32 a.m.
Hello James,

thanks for your response. Unfortunatly I have a problem now with running BIRT in my environment.

The problem is that "com.ibm.team.workitem.TimeSheetEntry" table in the LIVE SNAPSHOT view does no contain any direct reference to the related work item number. So there must be somewhere another table with a forign key to perform the join.

Can you please help us to find the correct relation?

Thanks,
Alexander

Hello all,

Can you provide more information on exactly which tables you are using, and which columns you are looking at for ids? The work item table exposes both the id (e.g. "1") and the itemid (a UUID), so I was expecting that the timesheet table would use one of those.

Thanks,

james
RTC Reports Team Lead

permanent link
Alexander Schinko (35511812) | answered Sep 08 '11, 7:04 a.m.
Any news on this?

Hello James,

thanks for your response. Unfortunatly I have a problem now with running BIRT in my environment.

The problem is that "com.ibm.team.workitem.TimeSheetEntry" table in the LIVE SNAPSHOT view does no contain any direct reference to the related work item number. So there must be somewhere another table with a forign key to perform the join.

Thanks,
Alexander

Hello all,

Thanks,

james
RTC Reports Team Lead

permanent link
James Moody (3.3k24) | answered Sep 22 '11, 4:18 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Sorry for the delay, I have tracked down the developers who wrote this part of the REST API.

The link between the Timesheet and the Work Item is stored in the auditableLinks resource. You want links with the name "com.ibm.team.workitem.linktype.timeSheetEntry", which describe this relationship. Thus, in Reportable REST query terminology:

/rpt/repository/foundation?fields=foundation/auditableLink/*/*

james
RTC Reports Team Lead

Any news on this?

Hello James,

Thanks,
Alexander

Hello all,

Thanks,

james
RTC Reports Team Lead

permanent link
Frederico Santiago (26) | answered Oct 06 '11, 2:47 p.m.
Hi James,

I'm having the same problem described in this topic and i didnt understand your last post!!

I didnt find this com.ibm.team.workitem.linktype.timeSheetEntry as a Live Snapshot table, because that was what I understood.

What should I do with that?! Where is it located?

Thanks!

Sorry for the delay, I have tracked down the developers who wrote this part of the REST API.

The link between the Timesheet and the Work Item is stored in the auditableLinks resource. You want links with the name "com.ibm.team.workitem.linktype.timeSheetEntry", which describe this relationship. Thus, in Reportable REST query terminology:

james
RTC Reports Team Lead

Any news on this?

Hello James,

Thanks,
Alexander

Hello all,

Thanks,

james
RTC Reports Team Lead

permanent link
Alexander Schinko (35511812) | answered Nov 17 '11, 11:04 a.m.
How can I access these as "auditable links" in a BIRT report?

james
RTC Reports Team Lead

Any news on this?

Hello James,

Thanks,
Alexander

Hello all,

Thanks,

james
RTC Reports Team Lead

permanent link
James Moody (3.3k24) | answered Nov 17 '11, 11:34 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
In BIRT, use the "LINKS" view/table in the COMMON snapshot. LINKS provides a view on all auditablelinks in the system, including the following columns:

LINK_TYPE (e.g. com.ibm.team.workitem.linktype.timeSheetEntry"
SOURCE_ITEMID / SOURCE_URI (One of these two will be specified, depending on whether it's a local link by item id, or a link by URL)
TARGET_ITEMID / TARGET_URI (One of these two will be specified, depending on whether it's a local link by item id, or a link by URL)

james
RTC Reports Team Lead

james
RTC Reports Team Lead

Any news on this?

Hello James,

Thanks,
Alexander

Hello all,

Thanks,

james
RTC Reports Team Lead

permanent link
Alexander Schinko (35511812) | answered Nov 17 '11, 11:56 a.m.
Hi James,

thank you, you are right I found the "com.ibm.team.links.AuditableLink" table in LIVE DATA SNAPSHOT, however I still could not find any matching ids between the 2 tables. I tried all auditable links fields containing an id to join with the "com.ibm.team.workitem.TimeSheetEntry" itemId.

Regards,
Alexander

james
RTC Reports Team Lead

Any news on this?

Hello James,

Thanks,
Alexander

Hello all,

Thanks,

james
RTC Reports Team Lead

permanent link
mochoh mochoui (4644) | answered Nov 18 '11, 1:55 p.m.
Hi James,

thank you, you are right I found the "com.ibm.team.links.AuditableLink" table in LIVE DATA SNAPSHOT, however I still could not find any matching ids between the 2 tables. I tried all auditable links fields containing an id to join with the "com.ibm.team.workitem.TimeSheetEntry" itemId.

Regards,
Alexander

james
RTC Reports Team Lead

Any news on this?

Hello James,

Thanks,
Alexander

Hello all,

Thanks,

james
RTC Reports Team Lead

According to this:

https://jazz.net/forums/viewtopic.php?p=54599

you need to use "com.ibm.team.links.AuditableLink" table to join "com.ibm.team.workitem.WorkItem" and "com.ibm.team.workitem.TimeSheetEntry"

Please tell me if that works.
Thanks!

permanent link
Jorge Sanchez (6) | answered Nov 18 '11, 4:54 p.m.
Hi mochomocho, related to:

-- --
According to this:

you need to use "com.ibm.team.links.AuditableLink" table to join "com.ibm.team.workitem.WorkItem" and "com.ibm.team.workitem.TimeSheetEntry"
---

I dont see match id's between AuditableLink, WorkItem and TimeSheetEntry

Do you have any suggestions?
Thanks.

Hi James,

Regards,
Alexander

james
RTC Reports Team Lead

Any news on this?

Hello James,

Thanks,
Alexander

Hello all,

Thanks,

james
RTC Reports Team Lead

According to this:

Please tell me if that works.
Thanks!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.