It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Notification of changes to child work items

Steven Melcher (6012832) | asked Aug 19 '11, 3:43 p.m.
As the owner of a work item, I would like to receive notifications of all changes to child work items.

Is it possible in RTC 2.0.0.2 (ifix2) to set up notifications to the owner of a work item when changes are made to work items that are children of the work item?

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Aug 22 '11, 4:32 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

as far as I am aware work item notification does only care for the work item and not the children or the parents.

I think you could easily implement a postcondition e.g. parent owner subscriber that would look up the owners in the parental hierarchy and subscribe them to the work item. This would provide you with something close with some challenges and potential disadvantages.

As the owner of a work item, I would like to receive notifications of all changes to child work items.

Is it possible in RTC 2.0.0.2 (ifix2) to set up notifications to the owner of a work item when changes are made to work items that are children of the work item?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.