It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Installing plugins into Tivoli Directory Integrator V7.1

Rob Logie (33825041) | asked May 31 '11, 2:43 a.m.
Hi All
I am attempting to get both the RTC V2 and RTC V3 plugins working with Tivoli Directory Integrator V7.1 (Not installed at the same time).
Tivoli Directory Integrator (TDI) is based on Eclipse 3.5 so I think it **should** work.
However, the TDI eclipse environment has been customised so that the eclipse software update does not allow you to add extra plugin installation locations. This means you cannot install the P2 install using the normal installation procedure.

As a test, I tried installing the RTC V2 plugin the old school eclipse way by copying the contents of the plugin and feature directories into the eclipse install. The restarting with the -clean option. This seems to work.

Has anyone had any experience getting the RTC V3 and RTC V2 plugins working with TDI ?. Is what I am doing a valid way of installing the plugin ?

Thanks

Rob

2 answers

permanent link
Eddie Hartman (6) | answered Jun 02 '11, 4:28 a.m.
Hi All
I am attempting to get both the RTC V2 and RTC V3 plugins working with Tivoli Directory Integrator V7.1 (Not installed at the same time).
Tivoli Directory Integrator (TDI) is based on Eclipse 3.5 so I think it **should** work.
However, the TDI eclipse environment has been customised so that the eclipse software update does not allow you to add extra plugin installation locations. This means you cannot install the P2 install using the normal installation procedure.

As a test, I tried installing the RTC V2 plugin the old school eclipse way by copying the contents of the plugin and feature directories into the eclipse install. The restarting with the -clean option. This seems to work.

Has anyone had any experience getting the RTC V3 and RTC V2 plugins working with TDI ?. Is what I am doing a valid way of installing the plugin ?

Thanks

Rob

Hi Rob,

You have to install TDI as a plugin to a full Eclipse install in order to use other plugins, like RTC. The RCP version of TDI has this feature disabled.

Maybe if enough users lodge a complaint... :)

-Eddie

permanent link
Anthony Kesterton (7.5k7180136) | answered Jun 02 '11, 12:55 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi All

Thanks

Rob

Hi Rob

Another suggestion - can you use Installation Manager to install the RTC bits into TDI. The Installation Manager may recognize the TDI Eclipse installation and let you install into TDI.

BTW - if TDI is a RCP app - then this is unlikely to work.

regards

anthony

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.