It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Unable to run Junit test "Create RTC Test database"

Daniele Sinigaglia (131) | asked Jul 03, 6:04 a.m.
Hello,
I'm trying to configure the EWM SDK (7.0.2) by following the "IBM Rational Team Concert 7.x Extensibility" document.
As explained at step "__34" at page 47, I'm trying to execute a Junit test on project "com.ibm.team.common.tests.utils". When I try to run it, it returns me few errors, and no Junit tests are executed.
The first one is an "Application Error" of org.Eclipse.osgi plugin:
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Bundle "com.ibm.team.common.tests.utils" not found. Possible causes include missing dependencies, too restrictive version ranges, or a non-matching required execution environment.

If I check the Bundles tab before running it, I see 6 features and 4 bundles with errors that I don't know how to resolve. Bundles are looking for a "com.ibm.team.integration.auth.sdk" package. Honestly I don't know where to find it and if it is required to add it to any build path.

After this one, I get few errors like "FrameworkEvent ERROR" on different plugins.

Do you have any clues?
Thank you in advance

Best regards

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Jul 03, 6:48 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

What you describe usually means, you have failed to follow 
1.3 Setup the Eclipse workspace for Server SDK Development and have failed to correctly set up the server SDK and especially 1.4 Finalize setup of the Eclipse workspace for Server SDK Development .

You are supposed to import the  com.ibm.team.common.tests.utils in one of the steps. Note, there is a checkbox "Projects with source folders" that needs to be checked.

This is all I can think of. The links below might be useful as well.
https://rsjazz.wordpress.com/2022/10/26/the-ewm-rational-team-concert-extensions-workshop-and-recent-eclipse-versions/

Daniele Sinigaglia selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Daniele Sinigaglia commented Jul 03, 8:14 a.m.
Hi Ralph, I tried again the whole procedure from scratch. I correctly imported the com.ibm.team.common.tests.utils with that checkbox. No errors or warnings were returned.
At step 1.3, it explains how to create a target platform. I don't know if this counts, but the downloaded EWM-SDK-Server-7.0.2SR1.zip file only contains a number of ~700 plugins. From the document I see a number of about 1500 files. Could it be damaged? Or are there some plugins missing?
Thank you

Ralph Schoon commented Jul 03, 8:30 a.m. | edited Jul 03, 9:18 a.m.

The (server)target platform should have about 2142 plugins (7.0.2 SR1). Use 7zip to uncompress - read the suggestions in the download page.

All imports need the check box to be checked. Unless stated or shown otherwise.

Daniele Sinigaglia commented Jul 03, 10:29 a.m.

It's quite strange, into the .zip file I see only 909 plugin folders. I will download it again, and I'll let you know

Ralph Schoon commented Jul 03, 10:46 a.m.

I use 7Zip to uncompress or open the file and there are as many folders as there are plugins: 2142.

Ralph Schoon commented Jul 03, 10:49 a.m. | edited Jul 03, 10:57 a.m.

Note, Windows zip and other zips can not handle the size. See the documentation on the download page: this link: https://jazz.net/library/article/1361

Daniele Sinigaglia commented Jul 04, 3:13 a.m.

The .zip file was missing a lot of plugins (as expected). Thank you Ralph, I correctly ran the junit test.

Ralph Schoon commented Jul 04, 3:26 a.m.

Nice. Please be aware, that the EWM Client launch (lab 1.9) might not work. Please see https://rsjazz.wordpress.com/2024/02/09/ewm-rational-team-concert-extensions-workshop-changes-for-7-0-3/ where I explained the consequences. 

If you need that part of the SDK/workshop, please open a case with support.

Thanks!

Daniele Sinigaglia commented Jul 04, 5:07 a.m.

Thanks for the advice!!

showing 5 of 8 show 3 more comments

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.