It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Cannot maintain session authentication with multiple RTC

Mark Martin (4811815) | asked Aug 15 '11, 11:24 a.m.
I host multiple RTC instances on a single server using a WebSphere profile for each RTC instance. However, logging into the web UI of more than one RTC instance hosted on the same server logs out any previous connections. The result is every time I change which RTC instance I am working on I have to log in again. Using two browsers, I.E. and Firefox allows a maximum of two authenticated sessions. This is beyond aggravating. Is this a problem with my browser settings, or a "feature" of RTC? Can it be fixed???

2 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Aug 15 '11, 11:41 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I host multiple RTC instances on a single server using a WebSphere profile for each RTC instance. However, logging into the web UI of more than one RTC instance hosted on the same server logs out any previous connections. The result is every time I change which RTC instance I am working on I have to log in again. Using two browsers, I.E. and Firefox allows a maximum of two authenticated sessions. This is beyond aggravating. Is this a problem with my browser settings, or a "feature" of RTC? Can it be fixed???

Hi,

I believe this is because the mechanism uses cookies to store the session information. A cookie for the same host overwrites the existing connection and makes it invalid.

I am often running test environments on my machine and if the instances have different host names, I believe this effect does not happen.

Unfortunately, since you have set up the instances the way they are, and you can't change the URI you can probably not fix it.

permanent link
Mark Martin (4811815) | answered Aug 15 '11, 12:33 p.m.
Would changing to basic auth help?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.