It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

how to configure to get notification 1 day before due date

vizeet srivastava (111) | asked Jul 28 '11, 3:03 a.m.
Hi,

How can we configure RTC to send reminder email 1 or 2 days before due date of a workitem?

Thanks
Vizeet

2 answers

permanent link
Arne Bister (2.6k12832) | answered Jul 28 '11, 7:53 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Vizeet,

I am not aware that RTC per se has a switch that would allow for conditional email notification with regard to a nearing due date. One way of sending such emails would be to use an external scheduler (or e.g. jazz build mechanism) to fire e.g. twice a day and run a query for all open work items. If due date < certain interval then generate email.

- Arne

permanent link
Anu Francis (2121) | answered Nov 28 '11, 5:08 a.m.
Hi Vizeet,

I am not aware that RTC per se has a switch that would allow for conditional email notification with regard to a nearing due date. One way of sending such emails would be to use an external scheduler (or e.g. jazz build mechanism) to fire e.g. twice a day and run a query for all open work items. If due date < certain interval then generate email.

- Arne
Hi, Have you used this external scheduler...could you please share how you have done it ...

Comments
varun ibm commented Oct 25 '13, 9:58 a.m.

I would be interested in this too.. This would help us in giving preference for the unresolved tasks nearing due date..! 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.