It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to start build engine in command line in AIX

Owen Bai (111) | asked Jul 12 '11, 4:31 a.m.
How to start a build engine in AIX environment, what is the exact command of Jazz Build Engine CLI. I just knew the command line like below, but seems it only works by manually run under command line, if you close the command line window, it would not work any more. Setting it as a cronjob seems not working also. What should I do to have it tun all the time.

java -jar jazz/buildsystem/buildengine/eclipse/plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.0.1.R33x_v20080118.jar -application com.ibm.team.build.engine.jazzBuildEngine -repository REPOSITORY -engineId default -userId USERID -pass PASSWORD

One answer

permanent link
Anthony Kesterton (7.5k9180136) | answered Jul 12 '11, 5:54 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
How to start a build engine in AIX environment, what is the exact command of Jazz Build Engine CLI. I just knew the command line like below, but seems it only works by manually run under command line, if you close the command line window, it would not work any more. Setting it as a cronjob seems not working also. What should I do to have it tun all the time.

java -jar jazz/buildsystem/buildengine/eclipse/plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.0.1.R33x_v20080118.jar -application com.ibm.team.build.engine.jazzBuildEngine -repository REPOSITORY -engineId default -userId USERID -pass PASSWORD

If you close the shell window, the tasks get killed too - so the behaviour on the commandline is as expect (for Unix).

I suspect you have to be very explicit with all the paths for a cronjob. Try putting in the Java path rather than rely on the path being set for java.

anthony

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.