It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC Query to find Project Change Request without a Child with a certain Role

Jamie Schena (531521) | asked May 21 '14, 10:10 a.m.
 Hello,

In our RTC, we have Project Change Requests with children Tasks. Each Project Change Request should have at least one child task that has a Role of User Acceptance Tester. I'm not sure if Role is an out-of-the-box field or not... The options in the query are "exists," "is," and "is not." I would be looking for something like "Does Not Exist" with User Acceptance Tester selected.. Does anyone have an ideas how I could get around this? 

Thank you!!!
Jamie

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered May 22 '14, 2:49 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited May 22 '14, 2:50 a.m.
Hi Jamie, you can look into https://jazz.net/library/article/1007 . Unfortunately there is no negation and I have struggled with this type of questions in the past. I have come to believe that there are only very limited capabilities available in RTC these days. There are work items out there that request to be able to do this kind of queries.

The only other option to make sure the business rule is kept would be a work item advisor that makes sure that, for example in certain states the task exists and prevents saving, if not. This would be Java, Eclipse Extension development work.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.