It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Excel Import tool for lab resource

Doron Tal (633) | asked Jul 11 '11, 5:23 a.m.
Hi,

I am using the excel import tool to automatically import lab resources to my project but I failed to understand when it updates an existing resource and when it adds a new one. For example i used one file to import several resources. Then renamed it to a new file name, modified the content and import again but it updated the old resource and not added new one.

How do i control if a resource will be added or updated?
if i have an automatic scrip that creates the csv import files every month from scratch and import them, how will i be sure it will work as expected updating exiting resource and adding new ones (instead of mixing the data)?

One answer

permanent link
Paul Slauenwhite (8.4k12) | answered Jul 11 '11, 10:51 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

I am using the excel import tool to automatically import lab resources to my project but I failed to understand when it updates an existing resource and when it adds a new one. For example i used one file to import several resources. Then renamed it to a new file name, modified the content and import again but it updated the old resource and not added new one.

How do i control if a resource will be added or updated?
if i have an automatic scrip that creates the csv import files every month from scratch and import them, how will i be sure it will work as expected updating exiting resource and adding new ones (instead of mixing the data)?

Please see https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/RQMExcelWordImporter#XLSArtifactIDTip. You may need to upgrade to the RQM Excel/Word Importer 3.0.1 (see https://jazz.net/downloads/rational-quality-manager/releases/3.0.1?p=allDownloads), which is compatible with a RQM 2.x server.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.