It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

scm unload?

Jon Seymour (1133) | asked Jul 06 '11, 10:51 p.m.
What is the rationale for the scm command not supporting an unload command, to match the load command?

This asymmetry appears to mean that while I can script a load operation, I must fork out to a human to do an unload. Is this sane API design?

jon.

4 answers

permanent link
Shashikant Padur (4.3k27) | answered Jul 07 '11, 12:29 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Two new commands were added in 3.0.1, 'unload' and 'delete' workspace.

What is the rationale for the scm command not supporting an unload command, to match the load command?

This asymmetry appears to mean that while I can script a load operation, I must fork out to a human to do an unload. Is this sane API design?

jon.

permanent link
Jon Seymour (1133) | answered Jul 06 '11, 10:55 p.m.
Is there a way to cleanly reverse the effects of an "scm share", using the command line?

permanent link
Shashikant Padur (4.3k27) | answered Jul 07 '11, 12:40 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
The command line does no have 'reverse' change set command yet which would allow you to undo the the change set that you have delivered to the stream. There is a workitem opened which lists the gaps in the command line client with respect to the eclipse client... https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&itemId=_dV0pAMJSEd6S8t3ZkIHW3w

Is there a way to cleanly reverse the effects of an "scm share", using the command line?

permanent link
Jon Seymour (1133) | answered Jul 07 '11, 11:04 p.m.
Thanks for your responses.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.