It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

illegal argument exception is being thrown by the executable jar using the RTC client sdk API

Surender Biyyala (403448) | asked Sep 28 '15, 12:45 p.m.
 Hi,

As per the requirement I have to create a text file with all the change set ids of a component.
Initially i tried using the LSCM command but it is returning only 512 records irrespective of the number.

So i tried using the RTC client SDK API and got the solution and I have to make it an executable jar which i did using maven assembly plugin.

I`m able to see the fat jar with all the libraries included into it but when I tried to execute it is throwing the Illegal Argument Exception at the following line.

ITeamRepository repository = TeamPlatform.getTeamRepositoryService().getUnmanagedRepository(url);

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
        at com.ibm.team.repository.client.internal.TeamRepository.<init>(TeamRepository.java:427)
        at com.ibm.team.repository.client.internal.TeamRepositoryService.getTeamRepository(TeamRepositoryService.java:102)
        at com.ibm.team.repository.client.internal.TeamRepositoryService.getUnmanagedRepository(TeamRepositoryService.java:141)
        at com.ca.tools.ChangesetLister.connect(ChangesetLister.java:211)
        at com.ca.tools.ChangesetLister.listChangesets(ChangesetLister.java:61)
        at com.ca.tools.ChangesetLister.main(ChangesetLister.java:46)
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: The type name Contributor and the namespace URI com.ibm.team.repository do not resolve to an IItemType.
        at com.ibm.team.repository.common.internal.querypath.AbstractQueryPathModel$Implementation.getItemType(AbstractQueryPathModel.java:192)
        at com.ibm.team.repository.common.query.IQuery$Factory.newInstance(IQuery.java:93)
        at com.ibm.team.repository.client.internal.ContributorManager.createAllContributorsQuery(ContributorManager.java:72)
        at com.ibm.team.repository.client.internal.ContributorManager.<clinit>(ContributorManager.java:60)

could anyone please let me know what is the issue and how can I resolve this.

Thanks,
Surender.

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Sep 30 '15, 2:24 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I created an executable jar, but it still needed the Plain Java Client Libraries to be in the classpath.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.