It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Having a single build repo workspace for all builds

Michael Hart (1166) | asked Jun 29 '11, 9:49 p.m.
My current set up accepts the latest changes from a stream into a "build" repository workspace, and builds/deploys from it.
We have a requirement on us to be able to build from a snapshot. This will be used for deployments to different environments.
Both of these must run from one single build repository workspace. It does not make sense to continually create a new workspace every time I want to build from a snapshot.

Now, by replacing the baselines of components in the repository workspace with those of the snapshot, I am no longer able to build from latest in the same repository workspace. The baselines remain unchanged even after subsequent accepts.

My workaround has been to 1) remove all components, 2) add all components from stream or snapshot (because I won't have prior knowledge of what exists in either), 3) replace all the baselines of components with ones from the stream.

However, by replacing baselines from the stream, I now lose the capability to determine if any changes have been accepted. I use this mechanism to 1) report to an RTC build result the incoming change sets, 2) determine whether a build is required.

I would like to know a workaround for this, since it does not seem like the RTC CLI and Ant tasks support these kind of operations.

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.