It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Moving DW-tables to new database

Fredrik Jägare Lilja (6135) | asked Dec 11 '12, 5:46 a.m.

When installing the DW initially in my setup of CLM 3.0 I made the mistake to install the data warehouse tables in the same database as CCM. Now I'm facing some problems with tuning the DB (DB2) and I would like to have different databases (of course) for CCM, JTS and DW. 

How can I move the DW-tables to a new database? Or is it possible to recreate the DW and the re-populate it from CCM and JTS databases?

Please advice.

Best regards,
/Fredrik

Accepted answer

permanent link
Stephanie Bagot (2.1k1513) | answered Jul 31 '13, 3:53 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
You can drop the DW tables from the CCM DB, and recreate the DW in a seperate database. Once the tables are created correctly, you can run your ETL (data collection jobs) which will extract all the data from CCM and your other applications and store it in the DW.
Fredrik Jägare Lilja selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
Francesco Chiossi (5.7k11119) | answered Aug 05 '13, 11:49 a.m.
Hello Fredrik,

just an additional thing you should be aware of, is that by dropping and recreating/repopulating the data warehouse you are going to lose the metrics and trending data from the past.
They will be available in the new data warehouse only from the date of the first data collection job, onwards.

Best Regards
Francesco

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.