It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Link Test Cases to Requirements in RQM

Rao Shines (15945162) | asked Jun 29 '11, 8:55 a.m.
HI

I have created Requirements in Requirements Tab and imported Test Cases from Excel to RQM.

How can I link my Test cases and Requirements in RQM.

Can I link a set of Test Cases to a single requirement in one step.
I see for every Test Case requirement link but dont know how to link set of test cases to a requirement.

Can you tell me the process to link 5 Test Cases to a Requirement in RQM

Thanks

One answer

permanent link
Paul McMahan (13614) | answered Jun 29 '11, 9:43 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
It works a bit differently in RQM 2.x and RQM 3.x. In RQM 3.x you can link multiple testcases to a requirement at once.

When you create a requirement in RQM 2.x it will be stored locally in the RQM database and managed in the RQM web UI. To associate the requirement to a test case open that test case in the editor and click on the Requirements section. Then click the '+' button to add one or more requirements to the list.

When you create a requirement in RQM 3.x it will be stored in the RM database and managed in the RM web UI. To associate test cases to the requirement open it in the RM web UI and go to the Links section. Next click the Link icon (looks like a chain link) and select Validated By. Select the test case(s) that you wish to associate to the requirement. After performing these steps you will also be able to see the requirements in the Requirement Links section of the test case.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.