It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Scheduled overtime ?

Virginia Brown (9333941) | asked Jun 27 '11, 12:49 p.m.
We have a 4-week sprint. In order to be able to demo a critical feature at the end of this sprint we are working the next two saturdays. How do we properly reflect this in the schedule? We want to track both the overtime-ness and planned-ness of this event.

5 answers

permanent link
Anthony Kesterton (7.5k9180136) | answered Jun 27 '11, 1:10 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
We have a 4-week sprint. In order to be able to demo a critical feature at the end of this sprint we are working the next two saturdays. How do we properly reflect this in the schedule? We want to track both the overtime-ness and planned-ness of this event.

I believe you are tracking this already if you are entering time worked on the work items. The plans will updated as you do the work and add in the time spent - and these will start turning red as you go over the plan. Alternatively, just adding in more work items with defined times will also show up as "overwork".

regards

anthony

permanent link
Kevin Dritt (6) | answered Jun 27 '11, 1:21 p.m.
I think the above post should work. At least it did for me.

permanent link
Virginia Brown (9333941) | answered Jun 27 '11, 1:29 p.m.
This gets at the overtime-ness but not the plan-ness.
Ideally, the before plan would show red and the mitigated plan (working two saturdays) would show green. Effectively I want to allocate at 120% for those two weeks.

I believe you are tracking this already if you are entering time worked on the work items. The plans will updated as you do the work and add in the time spent - and these will start turning red as you go over the plan. Alternatively, just adding in more work items with defined times will also show up as "overwork".

regards

anthony

permanent link
Anthony Kesterton (7.5k9180136) | answered Jun 27 '11, 6:50 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
This gets at the overtime-ness but not the plan-ness.
Ideally, the before plan would show red and the mitigated plan (working two saturdays) would show green. Effectively I want to allocate at 120% for those two weeks.

regards

anthony

Ah - ok - now I understand this a bit better. So you want a 120% work week for just those two weeks. Hmm - not sure that can be done with RTC as changing the work week would affect all plans I suspect.

I guess there is a theoretical argument that this should not be green as you really are doing overtime (but sure you have had those discussions anyway). Altering the work week hours means your burndown charts, etc will be out of synch with reality (for example).

Out of pure curiosity, any reason why these should be green (cue The Muppets song about being good to be green :-)?

regards

anthony

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Jun 28 '11, 3:38 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I've created work item 170198 for this request.

Cheers,
Geoff

On 6/27/2011 12:53 PM, jennieabrown wrote:
We have a 4-week sprint. In order to be able to demo a critical
feature at the end of this sprint we are working the next two
saturdays. How do we properly reflect this in the schedule? We want
to track both the overtime-ness and planned-ness of this event.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.