It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Problems with upgrade from RTC 3.0 to 3.0.1

Carmelo Merino (931313) | asked Jun 24 '11, 9:52 a.m.
We're trying to migrate from RTC 3.0 to RTC 3.0.1 using the upgrade script. The process finishes without problems or exceptions, and we can import our old users (although in the process the email and the old roles are lost), but we can't get our old projects back. Can someone suggest any idea of what we are doing wrong?

Thank you very much.

Carmelo

2 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Jun 27 '11, 6:07 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
We're trying to migrate from RTC 3.0 to RTC 3.0.1 using the upgrade script. The process finishes without problems or exceptions, and we can import our old users (although in the process the email and the old roles are lost), but we can't get our old projects back. Can someone suggest any idea of what we are doing wrong?

Thank you very much.

Carmelo

Hi Carmelo, I'd suggest to create a work item to track this and get it fixed. In the work item you could also attach more useful information such as logs, what environment (OS, DB, Web Server etc.). Please post the work item created here, so that we can get there.

You should not have to import your users. All data should be preserved. Have you started your migration again from a backup?

Without more information it is unfortunately almost impossible to find why you have these issues.

permanent link
Carmelo Merino (931313) | answered Jun 28 '11, 6:33 a.m.
Hi Ralph,

I've created a new work item for that problem (https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=170129). I've tried the migration two more times, but always with the same result: the users are not migrated, but at least I can import them, and the projects are lost.

I hope we can find a solution to that problem.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.