It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

IBM Rational Team Concert 4.0 Extensibility CRJAZ0972I license deactivated

Jay Witherspoon (1368) | asked Mar 27 '14, 2:24 p.m.
edited Mar 28 '14, 11:29 a.m. by Stephanie Taylor (24115)
I was attempting step 20 Load the workshop repository workspace and when I attempt the load I am receiving the following error:
Unable to obtain license to read SCM related data: An error response was received from the Jazz Team Server. Status=400.  Message: CRJAZ0972I The "com.ibm.team.scm.readaccess.general" operation was forbidden because the "Developer" license is currently deactivated..
Unable to obtain license to read SCM related data: An error response was received from the Jazz Team Server. Status=400.  Message: CRJAZ0972I The "com.ibm.team.scm.readaccess.general" operation was forbidden because the "Developer" license is currently deactivated..

It appears I did complete step 17 Import the 10 Free Developer CALs correctly, as I am getting the following in the Client Access License Types table:
Rational Team Concert     10 Free        Developer  10   <green check>  Active

Is there some newer version of the license file required?
Is there some alternative for IBMers that is unlimited?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

5 answers

permanent link
Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk (7.5k480103) | answered Mar 28 '14, 4:12 a.m.
Hi,
The instructions from https://jazz.net/forum/questions/99738/rtc-40-extensions-workshop-cannot-update-permissions-for-global-user-adminid-crjaz0709i should be useful for you.

Let us know if reassigning licence or reaching user in eclipse client.

permanent link
Jay Witherspoon (1368) | answered Mar 28 '14, 10:10 a.m.
Thank you to everyone, I now have a working system!  I went in did a re-assign all and pointed to the new license and it removed all the other RTC Developer licenses from the user and it is working.  At least I think that is what made the difference!

permanent link
Abraham Sweiss (2.4k1331) | answered Mar 27 '14, 3:39 p.m.
Can you go to jts -> users and select your user ID.  Please confirm that the developer license has been selected.

permanent link
Jay Witherspoon (1368) | answered Mar 27 '14, 5:48 p.m.
This is interesting...  During the setup, we created an ADMIN/ADMIN id/pw.  We also created myadmin/myadmin but said we would not use it...  When I am in jts for manage users, the ADMIN/ADMIN id is not present.  But when I log in under myadmin, it shows as ADMIN...  And the license is NOT selected.  So, I select it and click on save and get:

Saving user failed.ID CRJAZ2419E hide details

Cannot update permissions for global user "ADMIN".ID CRJAZ0709I

com.ibm.team.repository.common.TeamRepositoryException

com.ibm.team.repository.service.jts.internal.userregistry.ExternalUserRegistryInternalService.checkNotAdminOrGuestSentinel(ExternalUserRegistryInternalService.java:379)
com.ibm.team.repository.service.jts.internal.userregistry.ExternalUserRegistryInternalService.updateExternalUser(ExternalUserRegistryInternalService.java:396)
sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:48)
sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:600)
org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.record.ExportProxyServiceRecord.invoke(ExportProxyServiceRecord.java:361)
org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.record.ExportProxyServiceRecord.access$0(ExportProxyServiceRecord.java:347)
org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.record.ExportProxyServiceRecord$ExportedServiceInvocationHandler.invoke(ExportProxyServiceRecord.java:56)
$Proxy237.updateExternalUser(Unknown Source)
com.ibm.team.repository.service.jts.internal.userregistry.JtsExternalUserRegistryService.updateExternalUser(JtsExternalUserRegistryService.java:70)
sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:48)
sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:600)

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Mar 28 '14, 8:51 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
You need to create the user myadmin to be able to perform the setup. This account is not used in the 4.0 version of the workshop. Instead the user ADMIN is used later.

In general, by doing the repotools import, the ADMIN user should have a developer license assigned. By uploading the 10 Free license, the (expired) evaluation license should be replaced by it and the ADMIN user should automatically have the correct license assigned.

If this is not the case, make sure that
  • The 10 Free License is successfully uploaded using the Web UI
  • Try to open the ADMIN user profile in the ECLIPSE UI and check that ADMIN has the license assigned (you need to do this in the Eclipse UI, because you will not find the user profile for ADMIN in the Web UI)
There is a new version of the workshop pending publishing that tries to avoid the repotools import for various reasons. I am not sure when it will go online. 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.