It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

[closed] Unable to update Time Spent attribute via API in Task Workitem of RTC

Deepa M S (71) | asked Mar 06 '23, 6:31 a.m.
closed Mar 14 '23, 5:31 a.m. by David Honey (1.8k17)

We are trying to update the Time Spent attribute of Task Workitem in Java code using RTC API. But the value is not reflecting in the workitem. Request for help to resolve the issue

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Mar 06 '23, 7:39 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Read your question and then tell us, how anyone should be able to answer anything. There is no mentioning which API is used and how. Please read How should I ask a question in the Forum if I want to receive useful answers? and update your question, if you are interested in help.  

David Honey commented Mar 09 '23, 4:56 a.m.

If you have a question about a specific API, provide details of the API call you make. You don't even say whether it is a Java API or REST API. For a Java API, provide an example code fragment of the API call you are making, and its input parameters, and any return result. For a REST call, include details of the HTTP request including URI, headers, and request body, and the HTTP response including headers and response body. If you want contributors of this forum to help you, at least put some effort into the questions you ask and provide as much detail as you can.

Deepa M S commented Mar 09 '23, 4:57 a.m. | edited Mar 09 '23, 4:58 a.m.

I will get the details and provide the inputs.

Ralph Schoon commented Mar 09 '23, 5:06 a.m. | edited Mar 09 '23, 5:11 a.m.

So I am supposed to use a crystal ball to see what code you are using, or what? 

In general see: 
and
In the latter search for WorkItemOperation to understand how to save a work item change.

The question has been closed for the following reason: "Other" by davidhoney Mar 14 '23, 5:31 a.m.