It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Logging of significant events/actions in RTC

Mick Walters (1644) | asked Jun 21 '11, 3:17 p.m.
I have a need to record, for auditing and accounting purposes, a number of events and actions in RTC. I need to record events such as logon, logoff, and admin actions. In some sensitive situations I may also need more details such as printing and even opening items for read.

Has anyone implemented this and if so how please? I can't see any "out of the box" facilites for this. All logging seems to focus on recording errors rather than routine events.

3 answers

permanent link
Anthony Kesterton (7.5k9180136) | answered Jun 21 '11, 4:08 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I have a need to record, for auditing and accounting purposes, a number of events and actions in RTC. I need to record events such as logon, logoff, and admin actions. In some sensitive situations I may also need more details such as printing and even opening items for read.

Has anyone implemented this and if so how please? I can't see any "out of the box" facilites for this. All logging seems to focus on recording errors rather than routine events.

Hi Mick

I assume this is "server-wide" rather than project-specific. For the project events - you have the normal event feeds already and you could look at capturing all these events from all the projects via a feedreader. This would not cover some of the actions you mention though.

anthony

permanent link
Mick Walters (1644) | answered Jun 21 '11, 4:22 p.m.
Thank you Anthony. Yes, this is server-wide. I'll look at the event feeds. (I'm not very familiar with RTC so I may well have simply not found these yet). Mick

permanent link
VK L (8177157159) | answered Aug 03 '12, 12:01 a.m.
Hi All,
           Which is the log-file read for the Project-specific events (or) feed reader?

Thanks.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.