It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Permissions between timelines

Matt Beaty (811615) | asked Jun 20 '11, 11:38 a.m.
I was attempting to have different permissions for each portion of a project. For example, I want to allow people to edit test cases only during a 3 day period. How would I do this?

3 answers

permanent link
Jared Burns (4.5k29) | answered Jun 20 '11, 3:03 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I was attempting to have different permissions for each portion of a project. For example, I want to allow people to edit test cases only during a 3 day period. How would I do this?

You can configure your process to behave differently in each iteration. The Timelines tab in the project area editor allows you to define timelines and iterations and to set the current timeline. And the Permissions tab in the project area and team area editors allows you to configure the permissions differently for each iteration. Whichever iteration is "current" in a timeline, that will determine the active permissions.

- Jared

permanent link
Matt Beaty (811615) | answered Jun 21 '11, 9:44 a.m.

You can configure your process to behave differently in each iteration. The Timelines tab in the project area editor allows you to define timelines and iterations and to set the current timeline. And the Permissions tab in the project area and team area editors allows you to configure the permissions differently for each iteration. Whichever iteration is "current" in a timeline, that will determine the active permissions.

- Jared

It seems that the number of permissions available to edit in "Timelines" is less than the number of permissions available in project permissions. Is there a reason for this?

permanent link
Jared Burns (4.5k29) | answered Jun 21 '11, 6:03 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
It seems that the number of permissions available to edit in "Timelines" is less than the number of permissions available in project permissions. Is there a reason for this?

"Project operations" are defined to be operations which affect the configuration of a project itself, so the operations in this section should be administrative actions for the project.

Operations that affect the actual artifacts in your project should appear in the Team Configuration section. This would allow those operations to be configured differently at different points in time and customized by team areas.

If you find operations defined in RQM that might be miscategorized, I would suggest opening a defect report.

- Jared

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.