It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Editing Add-on with FF on OSX?

Andy Phillipson (10431418) | asked Jun 20 '11, 11:20 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Why is Mac OSX not supported for editing RRC diagrams? Is this a technical problem or a support problem? It's rather annoying to have to fire up a virtual machine for Windows on a Mac to use a browser plugin. This needs to be addressed.

-Andy

4 answers

permanent link
Benjamin Silverman (4.1k610) | answered Jun 21 '11, 1:27 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
The editor is currently only supported on Windows. The InfoCenter states this here:

"Also note that this browser add-on only works on the Windows operating system."

When I try to edit a graphical artifact in RRC 3.0.1 using FireFox 4 on my Mac, I get this:

http://f.cl.ly/items/2G370N000S0s3Z1R3a18/editorMac.jpg

I'll leave it for the product team to comment on whether or not there are plans to support the plugin on non-Windows based systems, but I suggest creating a work item requesting support for OSX.

permanent link
Andy Phillipson (10431418) | answered Jun 21 '11, 3:24 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I am incapable of creating an enhancement request for this support. Message from Jazz.net:

Missing required license.

An error response was received from the Jazz Team Server. Status=400. Message: CRJAZ1848E To perform the "Save Work Item" operation, your server administrator must assign you one of the following licenses installed on the server: Contributor-Floating, Developer-Floating, Developer, Contributor, Stakeholder-Floating. You can contact your administrator, learn more about licenses in the Information Center (under Help > Help Contents), consult the Rational License Key Center on IBM.COM, or visit Jazz.net for information on licenses available for purchase or trial.

Could someone on the team please submit this request and subscribe me ;-)

Thanks,
-Andy

permanent link
Benjamin Silverman (4.1k610) | answered Jun 21 '11, 4:14 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I created Work Item 44069 and sent a note to the admins to see why you might have been having that issue.

permanent link
Andy Phillipson (10431418) | answered Jun 21 '11, 4:34 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Cool Thx. Forums also need a Thanks feature ;-)

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.