It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RRC-RPE set the title in the document’s property using external variable RPE

Vladimir Amelin (70472226) | asked Nov 18 '13, 5:30 a.m.
edited Nov 18 '13, 5:33 a.m.

Hi all!

I am using a configuration of IBM RRC 4.0.3 and RPE 1.1.2.2 document template, running from the RRC server.

What I need:

when user publish the report .doc (.docx) with RRC wizard he have to set the document title (external variable in RPE custom template). In result in the report in the document properties setting value have to appear in the field (DOCPROPERTY Title).

In WORD the field “Docproperty Title” doesn't have any parameters which I can use to storage the value of the external variable "Title".

How can I set the title in the property of document?

Thanks!

One answer

permanent link
Subramanya Prasad Pilar (4.6k16) | answered Nov 19 '13, 6:59 a.m.
If I understand your question correctly, you want to use the variable value as document property.

For this, you need to edit the RPE template. Add a Document Property element and set its "name" property to "title" and set "Content" to the variable Title (using Data Expression or Script Expression).

Comments
Subramanya Prasad Pilar commented Nov 19 '13, 7:03 a.m.

http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/rpehelp/v1r2m1/topic/com.ibm.rational.pe.publishing.doc/topics/t_element_doc_property.html

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.