It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

jdtCompileLogPublisher (Ant script VisStudio builds)

Jeff Foege (45266960) | asked Jun 10 '11, 6:20 p.m.
I have a working ant script that builds a visual studio solution file and runs MSTests. Its communicating with RTC for compile and tests but isn't publishing the visual studio build log into RTC. I'm not getting any errors, here is the code section

<Publish>
<jdtCompileLogPublisher>

I have a checkenv section and its not saying anything is missing. We are using RTC 2.0.0.2 fix4. I'm also pretty new to scripting in ant.

Thanks!

Jeff

4 answers

permanent link
Brent Ulbricht (2.5k11) | answered Jun 10 '11, 8:26 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I have a working ant script that builds a visual studio solution file and runs MSTests. Its communicating with RTC for compile and tests but isn't publishing the visual studio build log into RTC. I'm not getting any errors, here is the code section

<Publish>
<jdtCompileLogPublisher>

I have a checkenv section and its not saying anything is missing. We are using RTC 2.0.0.2 fix4. I'm also pretty new to scripting in ant.

Thanks!

Jeff

Hi Jeff,

What does the name of your log file look like? The jdtCompileLogPublisher task only publishes files with specific file suffixes. This topic has more information about those. You might need to use the logPublisher if it doesn't have that pattern. And just in case you post more XML from your build file, for it to be viewable you'll need to check the 'Disable HTML in this post' before submitting.

Brent Ulbricht
RTC Build Lead

permanent link
Jeff Foege (45266960) | answered Jun 14 '11, 3:02 p.m.

Hi Jeff,

What does the name of your log file look like? The jdtCompileLogPublisher task only publishes files with specific file suffixes. This topic has more information about those. You might need to use the logPublisher if it doesn't have that pattern. And just in case you post more XML from your build file, for it to be viewable you'll need to check the 'Disable HTML in this post' before submitting.

Brent Ulbricht
RTC Build Lead

Thanks Brent! That did the trick. Now I need to figure out now to get the MSTests log attached. I did find some information on converting the MStest.trx output file to a compatible junit log.

permanent link
Nick Edgar (6.5k711) | answered Jun 15 '11, 9:29 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Since 2.0.0.2 there's an mstestLogPublisher Ant task that you can use directly.
See http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/rtc/v2r0m0/topic/com.ibm.team.build.doc/topics/r_mstestlogpublisher.html

Be careful of this known issue though, whereby it assumes a *.xml file extension if you point it at a directory:
110710: Unit test log publishers assume .xml file extension and only process first file
You need to point it directly at a .trx file. The issue is fixed in 3.0.

permanent link
Jeff Foege (45266960) | answered Jun 16 '11, 10:23 a.m.
Since 2.0.0.2 there's an mstestLogPublisher Ant task that you can use directly.
See http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/rtc/v2r0m0/topic/com.ibm.team.build.doc/topics/r_mstestlogpublisher.html

Be careful of this known issue though, whereby it assumes a *.xml file extension if you point it at a directory:
110710: Unit test log publishers assume .xml file extension and only process first file
You need to point it directly at a .trx file. The issue is fixed in 3.0.

I found a tread that told me there was a bug. The workaround was to rename the file from a trx to a xml. Then publish it, its working just fine.

jeff

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.