It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to add selective changesets in current release without loosing changesets for other release?

Pravin Patil (104138133) | asked Mar 05 '15, 5:49 p.m.
converted Mar 06 '15, 12:50 p.m.
I tried this and it didnt work.
I have a "Text1.java". a user modified it and checked in and delivered using workitem "MarchOnly". Other user modified the same file and delivered it using work item "JuneOnly". Now, I as admin acccepted the "MarchOnly" workitem, but didn't accept the "JuneOnly" workitem.
Next time when user-A and user-B delivered the same file with there changes, using "MarchOnly" and "JuneOnly" workitems respectively, it gave me a below error:
"The Initial change set that you are accepting is build on changesets that are not in your repository workspace. Either accept the initial or missing change sets or merge the initial changeset by using the gap editor." 

What to do?
I am not known to scripting hence using the eclipse for doing these activities.

One answer

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Mar 07 '15, 5:59 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Mar 07 '15, 6:00 p.m.
What matters in this scenario is the change-sets, not the work items. 
What is likely to be happening is that the workspace on which you are performing the accept operation does not have one of the MarchOnly change sets.   So first make sure you have accepted all of the MarchOnly change sets into that workspace, and then you should be able to accept the JuneOnly change sets into that workspace.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.