It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

INSTALL RTC 3.0.1 WITH DATABASE WITH DATA. HELP ME PLEASE

Erick Mory (5186) | asked Jun 10 '11, 11:55 a.m.
Good morning estimated

My case is:

I want to install the 3.0.1 version of RTC. But I want to connect to a database with data. I supported the database JTS and CCM. I restored both in SQL server 2005.

As I tell rtc recognizes these database data?

Because when I'm setting RTC. Although I can connect to both when I'm in the last step on the button "Finish Installation", which configures and synchronizes the application with database. I generated an error that there is already a friend named "Jazz team server" and I should not change.

If anyone has any idea or have already happened this matter and resolved. Share the solution.

Thank you very much!!

Greetings from Caracas - Venezuela.

En Espaol:

Buenos dias estimados,

Mi caso es el siguiente:

Deseo instalar la version 3.0.1 de RTC. Pero quiero conectarla con una base de datos con data. He respaldado la base de datos JTS y CCM. He restaurado ambas en SQL server 2005.

Como le digo a rtc, reconoce estas base de datos con data?

Ya que cuando estoy configurando RTC. Aunque me puedo conectar a ambas cuando estoy en el ultimo paso en el boton "Finalizar Instalacion", en el cual el configura y sincroniza la aplicacion con base de datos. Me genera un error de que ya existe un amigo llamado "Jazz team server" y no se que debo cambiar.

Si alguien tiene idea o ya le ha ocurrido este caso y lo ha resuelto. Comparte la solucion.

Muchas gracias

Saludos de Caracas - Venezuela.

5 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Jun 14 '11, 12:13 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Erick,

can you provide more information on which version you start the migration with?

Please check the help if you did not already: http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v3r0m1/topic/com.ibm.jazz.install.doc/topics/c_upgrade_overview.html

There is an interactive user guide which gives you a good idea how you should proceed.

Upgrade from 3.0 is different than from 2.x. If you are on 3.0 you have already registered a JTS and that might be the issue.

Ralph

Good morning estimated

My case is:

I want to install the 3.0.1 version of RTC. But I want to connect to a database with data. I supported the database JTS and CCM. I restored both in SQL server 2005.

As I tell rtc recognizes these database data?

Because when I'm setting RTC. Although I can connect to both when I'm in the last step on the button "Finish Installation", which configures and synchronizes the application with database. I generated an error that there is already a friend named "Jazz team server" and I should not change.

If anyone has any idea or have already happened this matter and resolved. Share the solution.

Thank you very much!!

Greetings from Caracas - Venezuela.

En Espaol:

Buenos dias estimados,

Mi caso es el siguiente:

Deseo instalar la version 3.0.1 de RTC. Pero quiero conectarla con una base de datos con data. He respaldado la base de datos JTS y CCM. He restaurado ambas en SQL server 2005.

Como le digo a rtc, reconoce estas base de datos con data?

Ya que cuando estoy configurando RTC. Aunque me puedo conectar a ambas cuando estoy en el ultimo paso en el boton "Finalizar Instalacion", en el cual el configura y sincroniza la aplicacion con base de datos. Me genera un error de que ya existe un amigo llamado "Jazz team server" y no se que debo cambiar.

Si alguien tiene idea o ya le ha ocurrido este caso y lo ha resuelto. Comparte la solucion.

Muchas gracias

Saludos de Caracas - Venezuela.

permanent link
Erick Mory (5186) | answered Jun 20 '11, 2:46 p.m.
Hi Ralph,

I have the version 3.0 I just want to reinstall the application with the data that I have supported.

Information on migration of data that tells me I have found is from version 2.x to version 3.0. And that information does not apply to me because I'm installing version 3.0 directly, what I want is to adapt the new install with the data that I have.

Anyway I will check the link that I supply.

Any other help or comments would be welcome.

thank you very much

Best Regards

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Jun 20 '11, 3:09 p.m.
Hi Ralph,

I have the version 3.0 I just want to reinstall the application with the data that I have supported.

Information on migration of data that tells me I have found is from version 2.x to version 3.0. And that information does not apply to me because I'm installing version 3.0 directly, what I want is to adapt the new install with the data that I have.

Anyway I will check the link that I supply.

Any other help or comments would be welcome.

thank you very much

Best Regards

Hi Erick,

going from RTC 3.0 to 3.0.1 is a migration which is documented in the help you can find on the download pages.

Just to clarify: you can not install 3.0.1 and mount it against a 3.0 JTS or CCM database. From the post I am not sure about your scenario.

If you had 3.0 or 3.0.1 installed and want to reinstall the same version keeping the databases, that is possible. What you are trying is essentially like a restore after a crash of the server hosting the applications.

Please check the backup documentation in the online help. The article https://jazz.net/library/article/547 also talks about the files affected.

In a nutshell: You install on the same machine (you need to preserve the hostname) the way you installed before (upgrade from 2.0 option selected etc.) Then you bring over the teamserver.properties, have to decide if you want to change path references to index files or reindex. The teamserver.properties for JTS and CCM point to your database (which you hopefully have a backup for) and you should be done.

I'd suggest to test it with a test server and a small test db first.

permanent link
Erick Mory (5186) | answered Jun 21 '11, 3:13 p.m.
Hi Ralph,

Thanks for the info. I going to read the link you placed.

Best Regards.

Erick Mory.-

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Jun 21 '11, 5:26 p.m.
Hi Ralph,

Thanks for the info. I going to read the link you placed.

Best Regards.

Erick Mory.-

If you are doing an upgrade, here is the help: http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v3r0m1/topic/com.ibm.jazz.install.doc/topics/roadmap_clm_upgrade.html

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.