It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Oracle DB Error?

Bill Miner (61103) | asked Aug 30 '10, 4:36 p.m.
I have set up a new Oracle DB, I can connect to it fine through the /jazz/setup page. However after I go through all the steps I get the following error:

com.ibm.rational.cm.web.linkmanager.IRCMLinkRestService
CRJAZ1092I The service class "com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.dataaccess.delete.ItemCleanupService" failed during activation.

Note: I also never did see the option to "create tables" in the set up. It never came up.

Anybody have an idea how to fix this error.

thanks,
Bill

2 answers

permanent link
Anthony Kesterton (7.5k7180136) | answered Aug 30 '10, 6:57 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I have set up a new Oracle DB, I can connect to it fine through the /jazz/setup page. However after I go through all the steps I get the following error:

com.ibm.rational.cm.web.linkmanager.IRCMLinkRestService
CRJAZ1092I The service class "com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.dataaccess.delete.ItemCleanupService" failed during activation.

Note: I also never did see the option to "create tables" in the set up. It never came up.

Anybody have an idea how to fix this error.

thanks,
Bill

Hi Bill

As a first step - can you check you really have dbadmin rights on the Oracle db?

If that is ok - you should be able to run createTables manually using the repotools tool

anthony

permanent link
Bill Miner (61103) | answered Sep 09 '10, 4:30 p.m.

Hi Bill

As a first step - can you check you really have dbadmin rights on the Oracle db?

If that is ok - you should be able to run createTables manually using the repotools tool

anthony

thanks Anthony. Turns out that the dbuser name I used did have permissions to create tables. But we gave it DBA permissions temporarally and got the job done. We still get the same error message but were able to import the DB and all is working fine.

Thanks!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.