It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RAM: Connecting the client to the server

Jianoula Papadakis Kantos (16535) | asked Jun 03 '11, 2:24 p.m.
:?: Hello team.
I have installed Rational Asset Manager 7.5.0.2
I am trying to make this client connect to a RAM server(RAM server version info: IBM Rational Asset Manager V7.5.0.1 Build: RAM7501-I20101213_1034)

I can log in to the RAM server
When I try to connect my client with the same login, I get an error: "Incorrect user name or password"

Why is my login not being accepted?

(I also have RTC 2.0.0.2 installed. Could this be the problem?)

4 answers

permanent link
Sheehan Anderson (1.2k4) | answered Jun 08 '11, 5:43 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
There are a couple of RAM clients. Are you having trouble connecting with the eclipse client or the Java API client? When you say "I can log in to the RAM server" are you saying that logging in using your web browser is working correctly?

permanent link
Jianoula Papadakis Kantos (16535) | answered Jun 10 '11, 1:58 p.m.
There are a couple of RAM clients. Are you having trouble connecting with the eclipse client or the Java API client? When you say "I can log in to the RAM server" are you saying that logging in using your web browser is working correctly?

Thanks for trying to help with this issue.

When I use the Web browser, I can log in.
However, from the eclipse client, when I enter the URL, Username and Password, in the New asset management repository connection dialog, I get "Incorrect username or password".

permanent link
Srimanth Gunturi (206125) | answered Jun 21 '11, 11:57 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hello,
Please make sure you are using the correct URL as mentioned in the Help>Extensions page of website to connect from the Eclipse client. If it is correct, can you please send me any exceptions in the log when you hit Finish?
Regards,
Srimanth.

permanent link
Jianoula Papadakis Kantos (16535) | answered Jun 22 '11, 11:28 a.m.
Hello,
Please make sure you are using the correct URL as mentioned in the Help>Extensions page of website to connect from the Eclipse client. If it is correct, can you please send me any exceptions in the log when you hit Finish?
Regards,
Srimanth.

The strange thing is that I am not getting that far. It tells me that I am using an incorrect user name or password.
When I go to the URL however, I can log in with those same credentials.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.