It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC 3.0 iFix 1 Client backwards compatibility

Steven Tuttle (5079) | asked Jun 02 '11, 9:33 a.m.
Can the RTC 3.0 iFix 1 Client connect to a 2.x Server? I want to update my client to the latest to connect to a test 3.0 server, but still need to connect to our 2.x server. I couldn't find this information in the infocenter / forums. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Accepted answer

permanent link
Jared Russell (1.3k12019) | answered Jun 02 '11, 11:45 a.m.
If you're using the Installation Manager version of the client you should just need to create a new package group for each version of the client.

If you're using the plain zip version of the client you can just extract each version to their own directory.

Can the RTC 3.0 iFix 1 Client connect to a 2.x Server? I want to update my client to the latest to connect to a test 3.0 server, but still need to connect to our 2.x server. I couldn't find this information in the infocenter / forums. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

No. The RTC 2.x servers do not support the RTC 3.0(+) clients

Thanks for the quick reply! Is there a way to install two different versions of the client on one client machine?
Steven Tuttle selected this answer as the correct answer

2 other answers

permanent link
Thomas Loeber (62237950) | answered Jun 02 '11, 9:43 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

permanent link
Steven Tuttle (5079) | answered Jun 02 '11, 9:48 a.m.

Thanks for the quick reply! Is there a way to install two different versions of the client on one client machine?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.