It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to run Jazz Build Engine as a Linux service?

Bill Higgins (4562523) | asked Jun 01 '11, 9:56 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I am setting up Jazz Build Engines for the first time on Linux and believe that I should configure them in the following way:

- A non-root user should launch the build engine as a runlevel 3 Linux service

First of all, is this the best way to run the JBE on Linux?

If so, I am unable to find documentation on how to configure this. Via the FAQ, I found how to run JBE as a Windows Service ( https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/JbeAsAWindowsService ) but I find no similar documentation for running as a Linux service.

Could you please point me towards some documentation about the right way to configure the JBE as a Linux service -OR- if this is not the best way to run the JBE on Linux, please tell me what is the right way.

Thanks in advance,
- Bill

3 answers

permanent link
Brent Ulbricht (2.5k11) | answered Jun 02 '11, 3:18 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I am setting up Jazz Build Engines for the first time on Linux and believe that I should configure them in the following way:

If so, I am unable to find documentation on how to configure this. Via the FAQ, I found how to run JBE as a Windows Service ( https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/JbeAsAWindowsService ) but I find no similar documentation for running as a Linux service.

Could you please point me towards some documentation about the right way to configure the JBE as a Linux service -OR- if this is not the best way to run the JBE on Linux, please tell me what is the right way.

Thanks in advance,
- Bill

Hi Bill,

The original thinking around this area is detailed in 55102: jbe Linux daemon script desired/needed . I know there are some Java service wrapper programs out there for Unix, but don't have any experience with them. Perhaps, a work item is needed for the Linux side of this. The original enhancment request for the investigation into the service mentioned Linux but the document only included Windows.

Brent Ulbricht
Developer/Lead - RTC Build

permanent link
Brent Ulbricht (2.5k11) | answered Jun 02 '11, 3:42 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Thanks in advance,
- Bill

Hi Bill,

The original thinking around this area is detailed in 55102: jbe Linux daemon script desired/needed . I know there are some Java service wrapper programs out there for Unix, but don't have any experience with them. Perhaps, a work item is needed for the Linux side of this. The original enhancment request for the investigation into the service mentioned Linux but the document only included Windows.

Brent Ulbricht

I created an item to track adding an example.

Brent Ulbricht

permanent link
Bill Higgins (4562523) | answered Jun 02 '11, 3:46 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Thanks Brent, I will continue the discussion in the work item.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.