It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Cannot run multiple test suites from RQM

Derek Cosgrove (611) | asked May 27 '11, 8:48 a.m.
I need to run multiple test suites from Rational test manager. The only way I can see to do this is via Test execution schedule however I cannot get RQM to execute anything from a test execution schedule.

I have created a test execution schedule and set time etc with just 1 test suite. There was nothing executed as I check the execution console and nothing.

I need to be able to execute a number of test suites for an overnight test run.
This functionaly was availbale in test manager..is it possible in Rational Quality manager?

One answer

permanent link
Kurtis Martin (1.4k11) | answered May 28 '11, 4:46 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
A few thoughts:

1) Be sure you are using the latest fixpack and iFix for your version of RQM. Execution Schedules are a feature that has gotten better throughout the various fixpacks/ifixes and releases. Especially in the upcoming 3.0.1 release, as in 3.0.1 you can have repeating execution schedules that run everyday and weekly.

2) There will usually be a delay between the time you set the schedule to start and the time it actually starts. The delay is typically 2 or 3 minutes.

3) Instead of using the Execution Console to see when the schedule starts, just use the View Execution Schedule page. There should be a little "Histroy" icon that you can click. The schedule's history page will list all results for that schedule, including its the active and previous runs. After the schedule time has reached, hit the refresh icon on the schedules history page and you should see schedule result listed as In Progress for this run. You may have to hit refresh several times, because of the 2 or 3 minute delay.

4) Check your rqm.log file to see if there are any errors that happen around the time your schedule was suppose to start. The rqm.log file is located in your \server directory.

5) After you have given these a try, let us know your results. Including what version of RQM you are running and some info about your schedule. You mentioned it contains Test Suites, are those suites fully automated? What type of test adapter? Do they contain manual test? Are you using test cells and the "select adapter at runtime" option? Or in your schedule, do you manually set which adapter each automated test should run on?

This info will help diagnose your issue. Bye.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.