It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Operation behavior of a it. not applied during deliv. Change

Zica Valsan (10124745) | asked May 17 '11, 6:43 a.m.
We have the following configuration in place:
RTC 2.0.0.2 iFix 6
RQM 2.0.1.1 iFix 2 , linked to RTC

I tried:
1.) Create an iteration type "Maintenance"
2.) Define precondition for delivery (Client)
3.) Make Work item Approval Required
4.) Create two timelines and an iteration for each, the one which is not the project timeline will be called "maintenance timeline"
5.) Set the type of the iteration of the maintenance timeline to "Maintenance"
6.) Create a workitem and changeSet, plan it for the maintenance iteration
7.) Attempt to deliver the changeSet without approval

The result is that the deliver action is done ignoring the condition Approval, as if it were not set.
The same is true if the Operation behavior is configured on the Maintenance timeline instead of a iteration type

Our settings are similar to the Scenario 3: Milestone 2 Endgame in http://jazz.net/library/article/292.
Still, we do an error somewhere and don't figure out or there is another issue we are not aware of.
Is anybody who faced the same problem or knows where the problem is?
Thank you,
Zica

2 answers

permanent link
Jared Burns (4.5k29) | answered May 17 '11, 1:46 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
The result is that the deliver action is done ignoring the condition Approval, as if it were not set.
The same is true if the Operation behavior is configured on the Maintenance timeline instead of a iteration type

Hi, Zica.

Here are a couple of things to check:
1. Where are you configuring this precondition? If it's for a project area, is there possibly a child team area overriding it? If it's for a team area, make sure that your workitem category is correctly associated with that team area.
2. What role are you configuring this precondition for and what roles are assigned to the user?

From your description, I think the problem is likely to be the association between the work item category and the maintenance team area.

Hope that helps,
- Jared

permanent link
Zica Valsan (10124745) | answered Aug 09 '11, 6:14 a.m.
Hi Jared,

thank you for the questions-answers and sorry for my late replay.
Based on them I realized where the problem was.

Thank you,
Zica

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.