It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

reset user password

Sharjeel Shafiq (1151) | asked Mar 29 '10, 8:24 p.m.
A few of the users have forgotten their passwords. However, the change password button is grayed out when logging in as admin and accessing the user account who's password I want to change. How can I change the user password without logging in as the user?

3 answers

permanent link
Darren Lawrence (1111) | answered Jul 01 '10, 10:10 a.m.
A few of the users have forgotten their passwords. However, the change password button is grayed out when logging in as admin and accessing the user account who's password I want to change. How can I change the user password without logging in as the user?

sshafiq did you find a solutions. I am in the same boat and am also curious about how to reset users passwords?

permanent link
Case Taintor (1462116) | answered Jul 06 '10, 1:40 p.m.
You have to use the eclipse client. No idea why the Reset Password button is grayed out in the web client.

To find a user in the Eclipse client, in the Team Artifacts view, you should have a Repository Connections item. Right-click on it and go to Administer->Open Users. Not the most obvious place in the world...

permanent link
Stephanie Bagot (2.1k1513) | answered Jan 24 '11, 4:22 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
If you are using tomcat, you can reset by changing the password in the tomcat-users.xml file.
Please see following technote:
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21393867

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.