It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Problems with RCC to ReqPro Integrations

Sam Sultana (5611311) | asked Mar 16 '10, 5:46 a.m.
Hi,

I have a ReqPro server and an RRC server both at the correct levels and I am trying to integrate the two of them.

I created a project in RRC and successfully created a link to the ReqPro project, copy over some requirements as a test. I have now archived the project in RRC and created a RRC to do the integration for real.

But, when I try and do the integration this time I get the message:

CRRRC1926E The Project you slected is already associated with a Rational Requirements Composer Project.

When I cleck on OK it just ends?!...

Surely you should able to connect multiple RRC Project to the same ReqPro Project, otherwise what is the point?

Is there anyway of removing the association?... and starting again?

Any help would be very much appreciated.

regards,

Sam Sultana.

4 answers

permanent link
Anthony Kesterton (7.5k9180136) | answered Mar 17 '10, 5:34 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

I have a ReqPro server and an RRC server both at the correct levels and I am trying to integrate the two of them.

I created a project in RRC and successfully created a link to the ReqPro project, copy over some requirements as a test. I have now archived the project in RRC and created a RRC to do the integration for real.

CRRRC1926E The Project you slected is already associated with a Rational Requirements Composer Project.

Surely you should able to connect multiple RRC Project to the same ReqPro Project, otherwise what is the point?

regards,

Sam Sultana.

I spoke to Sam earlier today, but want to pass on the info to others.

Speaking to one of my more knowledgeable colleagues, you would normally do this by going to the RRC project admin page and editing/removing the link from there.

However, as the project is archived, this can no longer be done.

Tech support may be able to help you remove the underlying database entries in RequisitePro - but don't try this at home as you risk destroying your RequisitePro database.

anthony

permanent link
Sam Sultana (5611311) | answered Mar 17 '10, 7:20 a.m.
Hi,

regards,

Sam Sultana.

I spoke to Sam earlier today, but want to pass on the info to others.

Speaking to one of my more knowledgeable colleagues, you would normally do this by going to the RRC project admin page and editing/removing the link from there.

However, as the project is archived, this can no longer be done.

Tech support may be able to help you remove the underlying database entries in RequisitePro - but don't try this at home as you risk destroying your RequisitePro database.

anthony

Hi Anthony,

Thank you for the pointers. I have look into trying to remove the links from the ReqPro database and that looks as though it is a recipe for disaster, so I have raised a Sev 2 Service Request with Rational Technical Support.

I also think it would be appropriate to raise a defect on Jazz.Net as well as not being able to either restore an archived Project, or have multiple links to Projects whether ReqPro or RRC Projects is most definitely a bug.

Cheers,

Sam.

permanent link
Sharjeel Shafiq (1151) | answered May 11 '10, 7:59 p.m.
We have a similar issue with a new RRC server replacing the old RRC server and the link was not removed on the old RRC Server. So ReqPro is still linked to the old RRC server.

Were you able to resolve your issue with IBM Support? What did you have to do?

permanent link
Benjamin Silverman (4.1k610) | answered May 13 '10, 1:48 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
There is a technote here which describes the process of removing the links from the ReqPro database using a stored procedure. This solution is appropriate when an RRC project has been archived, and the project connection cannot be removed using the application. Hope it helps,

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.