It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Hidden translator into Mortgage example?

Alberto Clemente (1133) | asked Apr 29 '11, 7:39 a.m.
I'm testing the Ant with enterprise extension builds on a z/OS environment.
I've imported the mortgage example and followed all the steps done into the tutorial.
I've generated all the dataset definitions, translators and son on, using the language definition generator as is showed in the tuto.
Finally, when I request the build for the example I get a COBOL compiler error indicating it doesnt find the COPYS included in the program.

I've revised all my work and I can't see any IGYCRCTL translator on My Systems Definitions, but, however, if I click the references to the IGYCRCTL-dataset definition, voil, it appears.
The problem is that I can't edit the translator definition -it seems read only- in order to add a missing SYSLIB DD for complete successfully the build.

The example creator has something to say?

3 answers

permanent link
Tami Takamiya (2011110) | answered Apr 29 '11, 9:38 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
If you executed the language definitions generator successfully, it means that your user ID has the permission to save translators.

In RTC V2, the language definitions generator needed to be invoked with specifying Jazz user ID/password as build properties. In RTC V3 and later, the generator was updated to get authentication-related information from the sharing information of the build script (setuprtcz.xml). So usually, the project is shared with Jazz SCM before the V3 language definitions generator is invoked.

If you are using RTC V2, please double-check the user ID used for running the language definitions generator is same as the one you are using on your RTC IDE client.

If you are using RTC V3 or later, I think that your ID should have the permission to save translators... But please double-check your permission settings by looking at the Process Configuration tab of the Project Area editor (Project Configuration > Permissions).

permanent link
Alberto Clemente (1133) | answered May 03 '11, 3:47 a.m.
Thank you Tami, for your reponse; I'm using RTC v3.0, but I think in this case the problem isn't related to authorizations, because my user is JazzAdmin (I'm the administrator of the Jazz/CCM servers) and I'm the creator and the owner of the project area, team area, build definition, and so on... where I've imported the mortgage example.

My question is related to the fact of why the IGYCRCTL translator doesn't appears on my system definitions (but it exists!) and why isn't editable (or why it doesn't contain a SYSLIB DD concatenation?).
I don't know how to add a screenshot in this post. If you are agree, I can send you an email with some screenshots which explain more the question.

Thank you,
Alberto

permanent link
Tami Takamiya (2011110) | answered May 03 '11, 9:05 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Yes, please send me email. Thanks!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.