It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

TFS Vs RTC ,Validation of listbox values while importing

Manoj Panda (39346762) | asked Apr 28 '11, 3:32 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

Requirement: Every time my test Engrs test the incremental build they need a set of task to be created/validated. (assume that 30 defects).

So what I do instead of again creating 30 defects for the testing Group, i create query by matching to that 30 Defects (say for build1) and export to cvs files and again import those 30 defects and assign for build2.

Working fine, no issues.

while editing the cvs file, Now lets say that one of the Field Attribute say in "owner" where instead of Manoj , i entered as monooj for the defect no 29 which is wrong.

after importing all these 30 defects from the cvs files i can see everything is correct but i cal also see that there is waring icon in the owner filed of defect no 30 means RTC is asking me to correct that name.

My suggestion is why not RTC validate all these attributed while importing the work items????
or is there any way i can able to validate because everytime i need to check all these 30 Work items after importing.

At the same time, i checked with TFS which has the integration with excel sheet and TFS validates at the time importing the work items not after importing.

One answer

permanent link
Arne Bister (2.6k12832) | answered Apr 28 '11, 3:56 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Manoj,

have you considered using work item templates as described in http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v3r0/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.team.workitem.doc/topics/c_using_templates.html to solve your problem? It sounds like this feature does exactly what you want to do.

Best,
Arne

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.