It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How do I restrict delivery in only one type of work item?

Jorge Gabriel Pereira (815) | asked Oct 01 '15, 5:31 p.m.
Hi all. 
We need to allow the changeset/deliver only in the "Task" and prevent in other wi´s types.

It can do this?

I see https://jazz.net/forum/questions/74136/can-i-restrict-changeset-association-to-work-item-type, but no feedback was given.
My Version is 5.0.1.

One answer

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Oct 01 '15, 6:43 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
There is a deliver precondition ("Require Work Items to Match Query") that lets you specify a query that must be satisfied by a work item in order for it to be delivered.   In particular, you can specify in that query that only work items of a specific type can be used.

Note that this does not help with the quoted question, which was to restrict change set association ... this precondition only applies to delivery, not change set association.

Comments
Jorge Gabriel Pereira commented Oct 02 '15, 12:35 p.m.

Hi Geoffrey. Tks for reply.  For delivery is sufficient.

I tried this before post my question.
Since this condition depends on a query, can only apply to a project area. I tried to do in my main area, where the share the configuration process, but did not work for the heirs.

How do I apply to all my project areas? (315 pa's).
It is possible through the process template?

Geoffrey Clemm commented Oct 05 '15, 12:10 a.m. | edited Oct 05 '15, 12:11 a.m.

In theory, that precondition should just be inherited by the child project areas.   But I did a quick check, and that inheritance appears to be broken.   I've submitted defect The Require-Work-Item-to-Match-Query precondition is not be inherited properly by child project areas (370964) for this problem.   The only workaround I found was to add that precondition directly to the child project area, referring to a query defined in that child project area ... which is clearly unacceptable.

Jorge Gabriel Pereira commented Oct 05 '15, 10:16 a.m.

Geoffrey, tks.
I will conclude this issue and track the defect.

Ralph Schoon commented Oct 05 '15, 10:46 a.m.

Geoffrey Clemm commented Oct 05 '15, 7:03 p.m.

I just noticed that the SCM team has scheduled defect 370964 to be fixed in the current development sprint (6.0.1 Sprint 5) ... so another reason to upgrade to 6.0.1 when it is released (:-).

David Lafreniere commented May 02 '19, 10:58 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Just to clarify the comment above (for any readers). Work Item 370964 was only delivered in RTC 6.0.3 Sprint 1.

showing 5 of 6 show 1 more comments

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.