It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Formal Project Management Template: Personal Plan

Greg Gorman (111) | asked Apr 27 '11, 4:56 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
We have been using the Formal template for a bit now. That's a topic for another post.

for this question I would like to know if it's possible to create a "subplan" or "personal plan" using the Plans module for a particular person or a particular "subtree" of the overall plan.

we have a rather large project and have broken it into several subteams. Even doing that the plans contain many dozens of items, and it would be nice to be able to pick a certain node in the hierarchy and show a plan and Gantt chart "from here down" so to speak. is that possible?

If we can't do that, is it possible to show a plan and Gantt chart for a particular specified user?

4 answers

permanent link
Shivank Arya (19141) | answered Apr 28 '11, 2:32 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Greg,

You can create a separate plan for each of your subteams and there you can see which plan items are owned by which team member.

Is that what you were looking for?

Regards,
Shivank
Jazz Development Team - Process Component

We have been using the Formal template for a bit now. That's a topic for another post.

for this question I would like to know if it's possible to create a "subplan" or "personal plan" using the Plans module for a particular person or a particular "subtree" of the overall plan.

we have a rather large project and have broken it into several subteams. Even doing that the plans contain many dozens of items, and it would be nice to be able to pick a certain node in the hierarchy and show a plan and Gantt chart "from here down" so to speak. is that possible?

If we can't do that, is it possible to show a plan and Gantt chart for a particular specified user?

permanent link
Greg Gorman (111) | answered Apr 28 '11, 8:20 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Shivank,
I've done that. The challenge is the subteam plan is also very large....

Also, there's not a good way that I can find to export the plan into a presentation format other than screen shots. Any ideas for that?

Greg

permanent link
Wagner Arnaut (1162714) | answered May 03 '11, 10:53 a.m.
I am also interested on this feature.

In our context it is very important to export the plan as HTML or PDF.

Thanks a lot.

Wagner Arnaut

Hi Shivank,

Also, there's not a good way that I can find to export the plan into a presentation format other than screen shots. Any ideas for that?

Greg

permanent link
Shivank Arya (19141) | answered May 27 '11, 1:49 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I agree. This look like a cool feature to have. I suggest that please go ahead and file an enhancement request in RTC through jazz.net.

Regards,
Shivank
-Jazz Development Team

I am also interested on this feature.

In our context it is very important to export the plan as HTML or PDF.

Thanks a lot.

Wagner Arnaut

Hi Shivank,

Greg

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.