It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Link Types .. can we define our own?

Justin Haakenson (111) | asked Apr 19 '11, 3:55 p.m.
I would like to get more granularity in linking workitems by creating my own link types. Is it possible to define our own types/categories such that when we define the link we can use our customer relationship vs the predefined link types in RTC?

The best would be to be able to define the link and then allow a comment or text about the link much like the 'Related Artifacts' link type.

One answer

permanent link
Eduardo Bello (4401922) | answered Apr 25 '11, 10:48 a.m.
I would like to get more granularity in linking workitems by creating my own link types. Is it possible to define our own types/categories such that when we define the link we can use our customer relationship vs the predefined link types in RTC?

The best would be to be able to define the link and then allow a comment or text about the link much like the 'Related Artifacts' link type.

Yes, you can define custom link types. But, you need to extend RTC with a bundle/plug-in to define new link types. Use extension point: "com.ibm.team.repository.common.linkTypes"

I read somewhere that in future versions you will be able to define link types to directly in project template.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.