It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Problems with RM Term Artifacts

Eric Kolotyluk (121185) | asked Apr 04 '11, 1:27 p.m.
I'm using 3.01 M13 and having trouble trying to create Requirements Management artifacts. I tried creating a Term artifact - entered the text in the document editor, clicked (Save) and then (Done). I can see the following problems:

When I hover over the artifact link, the pop-up text only displays part of the artifact text, and when I click to show more details there is nothing more to display. Only the first part of my text seems to have been saved, and the rest is missing.

When I try to edit the artifact it shows me an empty document editor as if the text I entered is gone or inaccesible.

The move funtion does not seem to work at all, I cannot move the artifact from one folder to another.

The copy function seems to partially work.

Just out of curiosity - are any of these functions supposed to work correctly in 3.01 M13?

Cheers, Eric

4 answers

permanent link
Robin Bater (3.4k47) | answered Apr 06 '11, 5:56 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I'm using 3.01 M13 and having trouble trying to create Requirements Management artifacts. I tried creating a Term artifact - entered the text in the document editor, clicked (Save) and then (Done). I can see the following problems:

When I hover over the artifact link, the pop-up text only displays part of the artifact text, and when I click to show more details there is nothing more to display. Only the first part of my text seems to have been saved, and the rest is missing.

When I try to edit the artifact it shows me an empty document editor as if the text I entered is gone or inaccesible.

The move funtion does not seem to work at all, I cannot move the artifact from one folder to another.

The copy function seems to partially work.

Just out of curiosity - are any of these functions supposed to work correctly in 3.01 M13?

Cheers, Eric

Hi Eric,

All of these capabilities work with M13. Personally I have tested them with IE 8 and FF 3.6. We had to create new term definitions for the Money that Matters sample, and moved artifacts between folders as well as creating copies of a user story and storyboard, and then edit them.

Now we have released Beta 3, which is a later version, so if possible, I would recommend installing that version just in case.

You could also try clearing the cache and active logins in your browser, maybe something is left around. It might be an idea to delete any RRC cookies.

permanent link
Eric Kolotyluk (121185) | answered Apr 06 '11, 7:38 p.m.
My bad...

Turns out that M13 does not play well with with IE 9, but it seems to play better with Chrome 11.0.696.28 beta. My term artifact seems OK using Chrome to access it.

Overall I am using IE 9, FF 4 and Chrome beta with mixed results:

Installing Jazz Team worked better with IE 9 than Chrome or Firefox, but actual Jazz Team operations have a lot of problems with IE 9. However, I am not using IE 9 in comparability mode, cause good web applications should not have to depend on that.

I am told that I should not be using M13 (because of missing features), but should be using Beta 3 instead. Is it possible to upgrade to Beta 3, without loosing my repository, or do I have to wait to upgrade to Beta 4?

I'll try to stick to Chrome for now, and maybe test with FF4 a little bit.

Cheers, Eric

permanent link
Daniel Moul (4.9k1318) | answered Apr 06 '11, 8:47 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Please note that supported browsers are FF3.6, IE7, IE8 (not IE9, not FF4.0, not Chrome. If that work that's a nice bonus, but don't count on it. FYI the target for our browser support are the main browsers levels deployed in enterprises).

The supported software is listed here for M13 and Beta 3 (the RRC V3 release):

https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/CLMWorkbenchSystemRequirements

permanent link
Eric Kolotyluk (121185) | answered Apr 06 '11, 9:01 p.m.
Understood :-)

IE7 & IE8 are increasingly problematic as Microsoft encourage upgrades to IE9 (by automated means), but granted this is something most organizations can control. Once you upgrade to IE9, it can be hard to revert back to IE8.

It is easy to support multiple versions of Firefox, so FF3.6 can be my fall-back.

Fortunately I have been having good luck with Chrome and Chrome betas for quite some time. Google seem to pay a lot of attention to making things "just work." So far Jazz is going much better for me now using Chrome.

While I'm still assessing Jazz things are fine. If we decide to adopt it, then I will be much more adherent to Jazz standards and requirements.

Thanks again.

Cheers, Eric

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.