It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to checkin java files with compilation errors

Manjunatha Thippeswamy (161) | asked Mar 22 '11, 12:04 p.m.
Hi,

I have scenario where I have to checkin the source code with compilation errors, currently it is not allowing.

I would like to know shall we set or unset the "prohibitCompilationErrors"?
Is there any turnaround to checkin the java file with compilation errors?

Please let me know your comments.

Requirement:
Our project is very huge and we are doing customizing for one customer. Where we need to extend and modify few java files and to share with team.

Steps:
1. Created workspace with few customized java files.(having compilation errors due to failing to refer base code.)
2. Try to resolve compilation errors by adding the jar's (many errors still exist)
3. Checkin the code and deliver (getting error)

4 answers

permanent link
Jared Burns (4.5k29) | answered Mar 22 '11, 4:38 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

I have scenario where I have to checkin the source code with compilation errors, currently it is not allowing.

I would like to know shall we set or unset the "prohibitCompilationErrors"?
Is there any turnaround to checkin the java file with compilation errors?

Please let me know your comments.

Requirement:
Our project is very huge and we are doing customizing for one customer. Where we need to extend and modify few java files and to share with team.

Steps:
1. Created workspace with few customized java files.(having compilation errors due to failing to refer base code.)
2. Try to resolve compilation errors by adding the jar's (many errors still exist)
3. Checkin the code and deliver (getting error)

You can configure this precondition to allow users to overrule it. If you do this, your users will be able to click the Overrule button in the toolbar of the Team Advisor view to deliver with compilation errors.

- Jared

permanent link
Manjunatha Thippeswamy (161) | answered Mar 23 '11, 1:01 a.m.

You can configure this precondition to allow users to overrule it. If you do this, your users will be able to click the Overrule button in the toolbar of the Team Advisor view to deliver with compilation errors.

- Jared

Thanks for the reply, I am new to RTC, could you please share us the steps to overrule the precondition. I am using RTC 2.0 version client on Windows and I have admin role.

permanent link
Manjunatha Thippeswamy (161) | answered Mar 23 '11, 2:32 a.m.
I tried to overrule the precondition in UI but it is disabled.

I found below xml tag in project level.

<operation id="com.ibm.team.scm.client.deliver">
<preconditions>
<precondition xmlns="http://com.ibm.team.process/prohibitUnusedImports" description="The team believes in keeping the code clean and free of warnings.

Please do not release code containing unused imports." id="com.ibm.team.process.deliver.prohibitUnusedImports" name="No Unused Imports" overrulable="true"/>
<precondition description="If you release changes when there are compilation errors in your workspace it often means that your changes have broken something else.

Please do not release code when your workspace doesn't compile." id="com.ibm.team.process.deliver.prohibitCompilationErrors" name="Clean Workspace" overrulable="true"/>
<precondition xmlns="http://com.ibm.team.process/requireWorkItem" description="All change sets should be associated with a work item which is planned for the current iteration.

This makes it easier for the team to track its progress through the iteration and allows other users to understand why your changes were made." id="com.ibm.team.process.deliver.requireWorkItem" name="Descriptive Change Sets" overrulable="true">
<requires value="workitem-or-comment">
<workitem owner="required" target="required"/>
</requires>
</precondition>
</preconditions>
</operation>

permanent link
Manjunatha Thippeswamy (161) | answered Mar 23 '11, 3:39 a.m.
Issue is solved.

I have commented the preconditions tag and now the tool is allowing me to checkin and deliver the changes.

Thanks
Manju

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.