It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

LDAP configuration issues

David Bisson (11) | asked Apr 01 '09, 1:50 p.m.
1. Does the LDAP Integration allow RTC to authentication the user credentials from their corporate account (and password)? If not, how do you set the password for an account imported from the LDAP server?

2. We've created some accounts prior to setting up the LDAP integration. Since setting up the LDAP integration, it appears that RTC recognizes these same accounts on the LDAP server and will not allow us to import the "real" account from LDAP. Is it possible to delete and re-import these accounts?

4 answers

permanent link
Balaji Krish (1.8k12) | answered Apr 01 '09, 3:38 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Yes, RTC supports LDAP authentication. Authentication is managed by the container (WAS / Tomcat). The tech notes available at https://jazz.net/learn/tech-notes/ describes the steps to configure LDAP on Tomcat and WAS.

After you configure the LDAP properties using Jazz setup wizard (See tech notes), you can open up a user record and change it to values present in LDAP. Changing the values (email address and name) to the ones present in LDAP is only available in Eclipse UI. RTC also has a LDAP nightly sync task (runs at 1AM every day) to synchronize the user information.

--- Balaji
Jazz Server Team

1. Does the LDAP Integration allow RTC to authentication the user credentials from their corporate account (and password)? If not, how do you set the password for an account imported from the LDAP server?

2. We've created some accounts prior to setting up the LDAP integration. Since setting up the LDAP integration, it appears that RTC recognizes these same accounts on the LDAP server and will not allow us to import the "real" account from LDAP. Is it possible to delete and re-import these accounts?

permanent link
Chris Errichetti (7173) | answered Apr 02 '09, 9:31 a.m.
I have a follow-up question. If the user information is stored on the Jazz side, does that include their password? We have a Jazz server on WebSphere 6.1 and using DB2 as a repoistory, and we are using LDAP/BluePages for authentication. If an end-user changes their password, will they be able to immediately (i.e. in the following 5 - 10 minutes) be able to login to the Jazz user using the new password? Or is it cached or stored on the Jazz side as well and they have to wait until the LDAP nightly task is run for the password to update?

Thanks in advance!
Chris

permanent link
Christophe Elek (2.9k13021) | answered Apr 02 '09, 3:02 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
chris_errichetti@us.ibm-dot-com.no-spam.invalid (cerrichetti) wrote in
news:gr2f3q$1qc$1@localhost.localdomain:

does that include their password?

From what I know, no. Authentication is done at the j2EE level.

--
Christophe Elek
Serviceability Architect
IBM Software Group - Rational

permanent link
Balaji Krish (1.8k12) | answered Apr 02 '09, 7:00 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
It is not stored in Jazz. You should be able to immediately login to Jazz server.

--- Balaji

I have a follow-up question. If the user information is stored on the Jazz side, does that include their password? We have a Jazz server on WebSphere 6.1 and using DB2 as a repoistory, and we are using LDAP/BluePages for authentication. If an end-user changes their password, will they be able to immediately (i.e. in the following 5 - 10 minutes) be able to login to the Jazz user using the new password? Or is it cached or stored on the Jazz side as well and they have to wait until the LDAP nightly task is run for the password to update?

Thanks in advance!
Chris

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.