It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Chart Tab on a Plan

Jonathan Belanger (3652) | asked Mar 16 '11, 4:17 p.m.
If I populate a plan with a number of work items and click on the chart tab, I do not see any information and do not see the "Select Report" button to change the report I'd like to see.

Additionally, I'd like to be able to create a plan and be able to view the burndown chart while creating the plan, instead of having to wait until the over night to store some archive data. There should be enough to generate a current burndown (there is the start and end dates along with the number of stories assigned to the plan).

Also, what provisions are there for resource planning, so that I can know when I overload a particular team member and allow me to load balance the plan across resources?

Jon.

Comments
Frank Schophuizen commented Apr 26 '14, 1:09 a.m.

+1 on this question

It is very strange and annoying that the burn down chart shown on an RTC plan is not updated with the plan it is shown on. The first reaction of my colleagues was "You kidding. That can 't be true!".

Adding and removing work items and see how this affects the burn down chart is a normal practice in (re)planning the work.

One answer

permanent link
Susan Wu (4712016) | answered May 13 '14, 3:00 p.m.
Looks like you are viewing plan with Eclipse client.  Try using the web client instead, where it comes with burndown report  and it gets updated instantly without waiting for ETL task to run, because of its live feature.  The best practice is to use web client when it comes to planning in RTC, as new planning features are being added to web client, not eclipse client.  Hope this helps.

Susan
Rational Software Advisory Team (RTC SWAT)

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.