It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

where Attachment stores in Jazz and how it is encrypted and description done.

Naveen V (791759) | asked Sep 04 '19, 4:56 p.m.
edited Sep 04 '19, 4:58 p.m.

One of my customer is looking the information about the attachment and encryption. I know attachments are stored in databases. But what type of mechanism used to encrypt. 

Here is my questions.  

Jazz Data (Including RQM, RTC & RM)
  1. Data stored (not during transit (oracle DB).  Is this data encrypted in any way?
    1. If so, please describe define the means/method of "at rest" encryption.
  2. Data stored as attachments.  Is this stored in the database as a blob or on the server in a directory?
    1. If on the database as a blob, is this data encrypted? If so, please describe define the means/method of "at rest" encryption.
    2. If on the server in the directory, is the data encrypted? If so, please describe define the means/method of "at rest" encryption.
  3. Data in Transit (not yet stored but either being sent to or retrieved from the Database and/or file system.
    1. Is the data encrypted in any way?
    2. If so, please describe define the means/method of "at rest" encryption.

Please let me know if any know about it. 

Thanks,

One answer

permanent link
Daniel Moul (4.9k1318) | answered Sep 04 '19, 8:18 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Encryption of data at rest and encryption of data in motion:

Attachments are stored as blobs in the database. The database can be adminstratively encrypted in a way that is transparent to the Jazz application. Connections between the database and Jazz application can be configured to be encrypted. All communication between jazz applications and clients (web browser, RTC Eclipse client, etc. are by default encrypted (https using TLS). I don't believe attachments are stored temporarily in the file system on the way from the database through the app to the browser or other client.

Comments
Naveen V commented Sep 05 '19, 9:29 a.m.

Thanks Daniel. It useful information 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.