It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Reverse only on entire change set?

Curtis Kozielec (36122) | asked Mar 07 '11, 3:00 p.m.
Version 2.0.0.2 iFix5 RTC

When reversing a change, do you always have to patch out the entire change set the particular file is part of?

If there are 15 files in the change set but we just want to revert only one of them, we still have to back out all 15 in the patch?

If thats the case, is normal practice to just view the previous version and then copy/paste changes to working to manually "reverse" the single file?

Just wondering if there was a more direct and controlled way to revert a single file, because once you rely on someone copying/pasting, it is now subject to them missing a section/mis-copying/mis-pasting/etc.

Thanks

4 answers

permanent link
Michael Valenta (3.7k3) | answered Mar 07 '11, 3:21 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
When applying a patch, you can pick individual files for the "Merge into Workspace" action. Similarly, for files you don;t want to change, you can use the "Remove from View" action which will discard the change for that file.

Hope that helps,

permanent link
Curtis Kozielec (36122) | answered Mar 07 '11, 3:44 p.m.
When applying a patch, you can pick individual files for the "Merge into Workspace" action. Similarly, for files you don;t want to change, you can use the "Remove from View" action which will discard the change for that file.

Hope that helps,

Didn't mention this previously, this is the Visual Studio client

I tried your suggestion, but it appears that I can only "Merge into Workspace" at the top patch level (when looking at it in "Pending Changes" view), indivdual files only give me the following two options "Open in compare editor" and "Expand Children", so I can't "Remove from view"

I only get "Remove From View" at the root "Pending Patches", and my first earlier attempt at a Revert shows up again even though I had Removed it from view before....it seems like it wants to haunt me

Any other ideas? Thoughts? Thanks!

permanent link
Michael Valenta (3.7k3) | answered Mar 09 '11, 9:02 a.m.
This sounds like a feature that is missing from the VS client. The best thing to do would be to enter a work item about it.

permanent link
Sreerupa Sen (1.0k4) | answered Mar 28 '11, 4:12 a.m.
This is being tracked in https://jazz.net/jazz/resource/itemName/com.ibm.team.workitem.WorkItem/156869.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.