It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Timelines, Iterations, and Team Areas.

Lora Estey (7331920) | asked Mar 03 '11, 12:49 p.m.
Forgive me if this is explained in another post, but I can't seem to find detailed information - feel free to post a link to another conversation, white paper or documentation.
I want to know the power between Timelines, Iterations and Team Areas. I want to know why and how I would set things up within a project.
Basically I have a project with 3 teams. We are using Scrum. I want to have the three teams have the ability to have independent sprints from eachother. Is this possible?
Also I'm using the Web Interface for RTC 3.0.

Thanks.

3 answers

permanent link
Lora Estey (7331920) | answered Mar 03 '11, 1:43 p.m.
How can I delete a Team Area or change the timeline for a Team Area in the Web?

permanent link
Jared Burns (4.5k29) | answered Mar 03 '11, 10:04 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Forgive me if this is explained in another post, but I can't seem to find detailed information - feel free to post a link to another conversation, white paper or documentation.
I want to know the power between Timelines, Iterations and Team Areas. I want to know why and how I would set things up within a project.
Basically I have a project with 3 teams. We are using Scrum. I want to have the three teams have the ability to have independent sprints from eachother. Is this possible?
Also I'm using the Web Interface for RTC 3.0.

Thanks.

Parallel scheduled are represented with timelines. If your teams want to work on three independent sprints, then those sprints would need to be represented in separate timelines and each team area assigned to the appropriate timeline.

- Jared

permanent link
Jared Burns (4.5k29) | answered Mar 03 '11, 10:05 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
How can I delete a Team Area or change the timeline for a Team Area in the Web?

Neither of these is possible in the web ui in RTC 3.0. In RTC 3.0.1, it is possible to archive team areas from the web ui, but it is not yet possible to change the timeline after the team area has been created. This can only be done in the Eclipse client at this time.

- Jared

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.